Proof System Enhancements
- User Privileges - Separate the "Department User" into 2 groups:
- Department Viewers - Viewers can see course offerings but not modify, approve, or delete any of the course offerings. They can also comment on sections.
- Department Editors - Editors can do any of the approval actions listed above as well as pass their modifications along through a workflow approval process.
- Custom Proofs - Allow for the creation of custom proofs for users, assigning either courses or sections for each user.
- Speciality Proofs - Separate Honors, Learning Community, CAP, iPace, NACTEL, and Travel into their own proofs.
- Workflow - Set up an optional workflow if multiple users need various levels / steps of approval.
COURSE EXPORT TOOL
- Word Document - Add an additional export feature to allow the creation of a Word document export.
- List Ordering - When exporting the proofs, ensure the courses are in numerical order, to help from a quality control perspective.
- Export Error - Users are sometimes experiencing an issue with exporting the course list within Internet Explorer. We are currently working on this issue.
SECTION VIEW ENHANCEMENTS
- Load Times - Speed up load times when navigating from screen to screen to make it much faster for users to utilize the site.
- Calendar View - Include a calendar view to display sections and courses broken down by day of week.
- Display Filters - Implement display filters to show only select sections and courses.
- Filter by course, day of the week, action (approve/edit/delete), and attribute.
- Layout Enhancements - Update the existing layout to include:
- User Transparency - List the name of the “Approvers / Submitters” within each section.
- Section Display - Expand / collapse feature to display section data to make the information more presentable.
- Labels - Enhance the site by displaying descriptions of each item when you hover over various items within the system. This will provide instantaneous information for each item without having to lookup everything in the manual.
- Email Functionality - Implement email notifications between users from the comments section so users know when a comment has been added.
- Submit Prompt - An “Are you sure?” message should be included before final proofs are submitted
- Edit / Delete - Include edit and delete functionality after new sections have been submitted.
- Commenting - Allow users to add a comment to send to the Scheduling Team. This will allow users to enter any requests and reasons of changes, etc.
- Notes - Implement an edit feature for the notes box so that users can edit their comments after they have been submitted.
- Meeting Pattern - Enable department users to select a meeting pattern that is conducive to the course contact hours (not credit hours) per each course. This will allow users to more effectively choose the correct meeting patterns for their course offerings.
- Schedule Type - Change the Schedule Type to pull values from the course level. Not every schedule type is permissible to the course/section and many do not apply to credit courses.
PROPOSED VS FINAL PROOFS
- Reviewing Proofs - Allow department users to review their previously submitted Proposed proof while the system is already the Final Proof phase.
- % Complete - The completion indicator will be improved for the second version of this system.