Congratulations on your acceptance to the Global Pathways Program!
The Pace Pathways Pre-Graduate programs offer you the opportunity to follow an excellent pathway program leading to a graduate degree from a top world ranked university. The program has been carefully designed to not only improve your English, but also to strengthen your academic skills and help you adjust to the American teaching methods and American classroom culture to ensure that you are fully prepared for the demands of your degree program. Located in one of the most exciting cities in the world, Pace University is a top choice for international students!
Your Next Steps
|1.||Tuition Deposit- To reserve your space and be eligible to register for classes, you will need to submit a deposit. If you need assistance or have questions, please contact the Global Pathways Office at email@example.com
|2.||I-20 Information- In order to apply for an F-1 visa, you need a Form I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status). To qualify for the Form I-20, you need to submit scanned copies of the following documents to the e-mail address indicated in the Financial Affidavit:
|3.||F-1 Visa- Once you have received your form I-20 from Pace, you need to take the following steps:
|4.||Health Insurance- All students at Pace are required to have health insurance and are automatically enrolled in Pace's health insurance plan. Please click here to view the details of Pace University's International Health Insurance policy. If you already have comparable coverage, you may waive Pace's health plan at www.pace.edu/health-insurance by the deadline.|
|5.||Immunization- Please complete the Immunization Requirements Form and bring it with you to the Orientation.|
|6.||Attend an Admitted Global Pathways Graduate Student Webinar - See schedule for a list of dates and times.|
- January 19-22, 2016: Orientation (mandatory)
Please arrange to be on campus in the morning of January 19. We recommend that you plan to arrive in New York City by January 17 to allow yourself some time to settle in.
Register for orientation and secure your spot at Pathways Orientation Registration. Login with your activated Pace University USER ID/Pace Portal account and default password contained in your Global Pathways registration packet. Please keep in mind that your Spring class registration may be delayed if you do not register for Orientation.
- January 25, 2016: Spring Semester Begins
The Spring 2016 will begin on January 25, 2016. As a new F-1 student, you will be able to enter the U.S. within a 30-day period before your program start date. If you attempt to enter before the 30-day period, the Customs and Border Patrol might not allow you into the country.
Please refer to your acceptance packet for information about housing. We will contact you by e-mail with additional information about your options. If you have immediate questions or concerns, please contact the Global Pathways Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like the Global Pathways Office to help you arrange airport pick-up service, please contact us at email@example.com.
For more information about transportation from the major local airports, as well as transportation in New York and a campus map, visit:
- Transportation from Newark Airport
- Transportation from JFK Airport
- New York City MTA subway map
- Pace NYC campus map
Graduate Pathways Program: $9,500 per term
What you can expect from Pace Pathways:
- Progression: Upon successful completion of the Pace Pathways program, you will enter your degree program at Pace University. You will NOT have to re-apply once you have been accepted into the Global Pathways Program.
- University Level Instruction: All classes are taught by professors and Ph.D. / Masters candidates at Pace University.
- University Credits: Depending upon which term you begin in the program, undergraduate students can earn up to 17 credits toward their bachelor’s degree. Graduate students can earn between 4 - 11 credits (depending on program) toward their master’s degree.
- Academic Advisors: Every student will have an academic advisor to work with in preparation for their transition from the Global pathways Program to their degree program at Pace University.
- Class size: Classes are small (normally fewer than 30 students), so you will quickly develop a good working relationship with your teachers and classmates.
- English Prep: English classes will prepare you to have the confidence you require to give presentations, take lecture notes, and participate in your major academic courses.
- Academic Coursework: Courses are carefully designed to improve your English and strengthen your academic skills in the classroom.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to welcoming you to Pace University and the Pace Pathways Program!