Let's get started on your transition to college life!
We are excited that you will be joining our community for the fall 2017 semester. New Student Orientation is an important first step on your Pace Path. All new commuter and residential students are required to attend the overnight program before your semester begins.
- July 6-7
- July 11-12
- July 18-19*
- July 25-26*
- August 31-September 1+
Check-in: 9:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m. at Alumni Hall. Please use Entrance 3. Program concludes by 2:00 p.m. on day two.
Read more about what to expect at Orientation, staying overnight, and the Family program.
|*Pforzheimer Honors College students should select one of these Orientation dates. These dates are open to other students as well.
+Reserved for our international students holding an F-1 visa and other students who are traveling a great distance. Space is limited and overnight accommodations are available only to students who are living in the residence halls for the fall semester.
- Register for Orientation by Thursday, June 1, 2017 (or within 10 days of receiving your Orientation mailer). Please review the information below regarding information you will need to complete your registration.
- Take your placement tests by Thursday, June 1, 2017 (or within 10 days of receiving your Orientation mailer).
- Submit your photo for your Pace ID card by Thursday, June 1, 2017.
- Access your Pace e-mail account and check it regularly.
- Complete the Consent & Respect and Alcohol Wise prior to coming to Orientation (more information coming this summer to your Pace e-mail).
What You Need To Know To Register
When you register for Orientation you will be asked to complete a Course Selection Questionnaire. You will need the following information, where appropriate:
Your Academic Advisor will review this information, along with your placement test scores, when creating your schedule. You will receive your schedule at Orientation.
Early Arrival Program
If you are traveling from a long distance or just wish to arrive the night before Orientation, we offer an early arrival program that includes a room, dinner, and some social activities for $15 per person. Please indicate your interest in the early arrival program on your Orientation registration or call the Office of Student Development and Campus Activities (SDCA) for more information at (914) 773-3767.
Mandatory Immigration Session for F-1 Visa Holders
Regardless of which Orientation session you attend, all undergraduate international students on an F-1 visa who are first-time students at Pace must also attend the mandatory immigration session on September 1st at 3:00 p.m. in the Kessel Student Center.
This session will focus on immigration regulations pertaining to international students on F-1 visa, visa applicable benefits and restrictions. After the session, new international students will join other first-year students for first-year student Orientation.