Area hospitals strongly prefer RNs with a Bachelor's in Nursing.
The RN/BS program is designed for nurses with an Associate Degree or Diploma. This 100% online program can help you succeed based on:
- Instruction by the same expert Pace Nursing faculty as traditional on-campus students
- Cutting edge evidence-based theory courses linked to your clinical practice
- Individualized clinical practice experiences for students to meet the essentials of a BSN education for professional nursing practice
- Unique opportunities to take up to 9 credits at the graduate level and to obtain credit for professional certification
- No entrance exams required.
Students enrolling in the program must have completed or be near completion of required liberal arts and sciences core curriculum prior to entering the Nursing course sequence.
If you are not an RN, have a Bachelor's degree in another field, and wish to enter the nursing profession, apply for our Accelerated Bachelor's in Nursing. Please note that the Accelerated Bachelor's is not an online program.
If you are an RN with a bachelor's degree in a field other than nursing, you have the following options:
- Enroll in the iPace BS in Nursing Completion Program and obtain a 2nd bachelor's degree.
- Enroll in our RN Master's Bridge Program, which will provide you with the equivalent coursework for a BSN and prepare you to matriculate into one of our graduate nursing programs. (Recommended)
Role of the Preceptor for unlicensed students in the RN/BS completion program
Students who are not yet licensed as an RN must identify a “preceptor” who will supervise the student’s direct/indirect practice experiences until the student is licensed as an RN. Students must provide the course faculty member with the name, address, credentials, and license number of the preceptor.
Criteria for the preceptor:
- Have a current license as a registered professional nurse in the state/district where the student will engage in practice experiences
- Have a bachelor of science (nursing) from an accredited program
- Read the learning objectives of the practice experience
- Engage the student in achieving the identified objectives
- Communicate as appropriate with the LSN faculty providing oversight for the student’s practice experience