Frequently Asked Questions
Launched in February 2001, the Pace Alumni Online Community is a set of FREE and SECURE online services, accessible through the Pace Alumni homepage, which allows Pace alumni from around the world to reconnect, exchange ideas, and network with each other over the world wide web. Unlike generalized sites like Classmates.com, this is the official Online Community of Pace University. Its features include the following:
- Online Alumni Directory (searchable and update-able database of all Pace alumni, with their latest email, business, school and address information)
- ClassNotes online (Post and Read alumni notices on recent Marriages, Births, Career Developments, and more. You can also include pictures. You can search for postings by year, or by campus - see example.) ClassNotes are also searchable via Google, Yahoo and other search engines.
- Discussion Groups -- participate in group discussions of shared interest through the web or email
- Email Forwarding -- provides a ".edu" email address affiliated with Pace (ex. email@example.com)
- Career Center (search jobs, post job listings, post resumes)
- Yellow Pages (promote your business)
- Who has access to the online community?
- How can I edit my information in the online directory?
- What will happen to my permanent email if I change jobs or move?
- What if I'm not listed or my information is incorrect on the members list?
- Will address changes sent to the Office of Alumni Relations be reflected in the online directory?
- How up-to-date is the information in the Online Community?
- What is the difference between the online directory and the printed directory?
- I use Facebook for my social networking. How does Facebook work with the online community?
- Sounds good, how do I register?
The community is accessible for free and exclusively to all Pace University alumni who have registered online from the list of all Pace alumni using a protected password. Find out more about registering at the bottom of this page, or Register Now!
Alumni have complete control over what, if any, information appears in the directory. All you need to do is edit/remove the information that you do/do not want to display by following the instructions on the directory page under View/Update Your Online Directory Listing. However, we strongly encourage you to display your email address. If you do not want to be listed in the directory, you'll be able to hide your own information. You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nothing - that's the beauty of permanent email forwarding with the online community. When you register, you'll receive a permanent email forwarding address that when activated will forward your email to your current email address. If you change employers or internet service providers, just update your current email address online within the community so your mail follows you. Remember, you must already have an email account in order to use the permanent email feature.
The directory contains all alumni. If you are not listed, or your information is incorrect, please email us at email@example.com so that we may correct the oversight. For verification purposes, please include your full name while a student, and the last two digits of your social security number in your email to us.
Yes, we update both the online community as well as our internal alumni records on a regular basis.
The information in the OLC is updated directly by alumni. In addition, updates made to Pace's alumni database are fed into the OLC on a regular basis, so the OLC always contains the most up-to-date alumni information.
- The online directory is free to all alumni, while the printed directory is not;
- The online directory contains the most up-to-date alumni information, while the information in the printed directory represents a snapshot in time;
- Alumni can update their online directory listing at any time;
- The online directory contains a fully-featured query tool
Pace maintains both an online and a 2006 printed directory because we recognize that, while the trend is toward online solutions, there are still many alumni who prefer a tangible product.
Our Facebook application, "Pace University Alumni Community Connections", allows alumni who are Facebook users to access the online community directly from their Facebook page. Click HERE to learn how.
You register with the online community by searching for your name on the list of alumni. Once you find your name and confirm that "it's me," proceed with your registration by entering your security information.
Your security information is your ten digit Pace ID number which can be found on the mailing label of key Pace alumni mailings, or in our emails to alumni. If you do not have your ID number, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will mail it to you. For verification purposes, just be sure to include your full name while a student and the last two digits of your social security number in your email to us.
When you register, you will be prompted to choose your own User ID and Password, and to complete some other information. Your User ID must be between 6 and 20 characters of alphanumeric characters and underscores (no spaces, commas, or periods). Make a note of your User ID and Password - these are your keys to the community after you have registered.
Also, please select your User ID carefully as it will become the first part of your permanent email forwarding address (most people use their name, so it could be email@example.com). Remember your User ID and Password as you'll use it each time you access the community. Register Now!