Are you exploring majors or career directions? Taking an assessment can help to identify patterns of interests, and provide clues as to how your personality and preferences fit in the world of work. We provide students and alumni the opportunity to take the following assessments online.
To take these three assessments, an appointment is necessary with a counselor by calling your local Career Services office.
The following similar online assessments are free of charge.
The HumanMetrics Jung Typology Test (FREE)
This test is based on Carl Jung and Isabel Myers-Briggs typological approach to personality. Upon completion, you will obtain online:
- Your type formula according to Carl Jung and Isabel Myers-Briggs typology along with the strengths of the preferences
- The description of your personality type
- The list of occupations and educational institutions where you can get relevant degree or training, most suitable for your personality type
Kiersey Temperament Sorter II
The most widely used personality instrument in the world. It is a powerful 70 question personality instrument that helps individuals discover their personality type. The KTS-II is based on Keirsey Temperament Theory™, published in the best selling books, Please Understand Me and Please Understand Me II, by Dr. David Keirsey.
CareerOneStop.org has these assessment tools and resources
The Skills Profiler identifies skills and matches them to jobs.
- O*NET's Ability Profiler matches strengths with occupations.
- O*NET's Interest Profiler identifies broad interest areas.
- O*NET's Work Importance Locator identifies job features that are important to you.
- Employability Checkup provides a snapshot of your employability.
TypeLogic: Personality Type Profiles:
Read all about your 4 Letter Meyers Briggs Type!