On Campus Recruiting
What is On Campus Recruiting (OCR)?
On Campus Recruiting (OCR) is a program designed to provide students with the opportunity to interview conveniently on campus for some of the most competitive internships and full-time jobs available upon graduation.
Employers often host Office Hours and Information Sessions prior to the application deadline so students have the opportunity to learn more about each companies’ recruiting policies and opportunities.
How do I participate?
Step 1: Schedule an appointment with Career Services to have your Resume Approved
Step 3: Apply to OCR positions on Handshake at pace.joinhandshake.com
How does OCR work?
The OCR season is September - November, although some events may happen before or after that time frame.
Internship and Full Time Positions are typically posted 6 – 8 weeks before the Interview date.
Application deadlines are typically set to 2 weeks before the Interview date.
Once employers have made selections (usually 3-5 days before the Interview date), students are notified via Handshake and Career Services to sign up for an interview slot on Handshake. Sign up is first come first serve.
Please note: The Pleasantville and NYC Campuses have separate OCR schedules and it is important not to apply to positions with conflicting Interview Schedules. Postings contain information about the Interview date and location in the description so that it is clear. If you are selected for an interview, you are expected to attend.
Eligibility and Expectations
In order to participate in OCR you must have the OCR eligibility qualifier which is given after your counselor receives the signed contract.
Internships are open to all qualified students who have completed Step 1 and Step 2, as outlined above.
Full-Time Jobs are open to all qualified students who have completed Step 1, Step 2, and are graduating in January, June, or September 2017.
Students are expected to follow the guidelines below in order to participate
- Check email and Handshake DAILY for information regarding jobs, interview activity, changes and cancellations.
- Select ONLY positions which they have a serious interest in, and are qualified to apply for.
- Arrange transportation to interviews on the appropriate Pace Campus.
- DRESS PROFESSIONALLY AND BE PUNCTUAL for all interviews, understanding that lateness is not acceptable and is considered the equivalent to missing an interview.
- Promptly UPDATE HANDSHAKE WITH ANY CHANGES in graduation date, home or e-mail addresses, phone numbers, GPA, citizenship status, etc.
- Notify Career Services within 24 hours of accepting an employment offer for both full-time jobs and internships.