The Academic Leadership Award
The Academic Leadership Award is presented by the Center for Academic Excellence each year to the student who best exemplifies academic citizenship through leadership and achievement. Students are nominated by members of the Center for Academic Excellence staff and one student on each campus will be chosen to receive the award.
In order to be eligible for this award, students must demonstrate:
- Strong academic standing, as measured by a CQPA of 3.5 or higher
- A record of academic leadership as one or more of the following:
- A peer leader in UNV 101
- A peer leader in the Challenge to Achievement at Pace Program
- A peer tutor in the Tutoring Center
- A special discussion group peer leader
- A record of service to the community, as demonstrated by leadership in a Pace student organization or by volunteer work outside the university.
Academic Leadership Award Recipient for 2016
Tiffany Lin - PLV Campus
Tiffany Lin graduated from Pace with honors and will be attending medical school in her home state of Alabama in the fall of 2016. She was an outstanding student who also was committed to service. She was hired as a tutor in the Tutoring Center starting in her first year at Pace. She also served as a Peer Leader in her Junior year. In these roles Tiffany demonstrated exceptional dedication to other Pace students.