New York Accommodated Testing
Monday-Thursday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
For information about the process on the NY campus, please contact:
Kate Sullivan, MSW
Accommodations Coordinator, Office of Disability Services
156 William Street, 8th floor
New York, NY 10038
Phone: (212) 346-1526
Fax: (212) 346-1530
Pleasantville Accommodated Testing
Process for Scheduling Accommodated Tests
- Students requiring accommodations must register with Disability Services, located in the Counseling Center, (914) 773-3537. This process must be updated every semester. After registering and receiving verification from Disability Services, the students will be given a letter and a "Testing Accommodations Form" for each of their professors.
- Students present both documents to their professors. The letter lists the students' accommodations. The “Testing Accommodations Form” needs to be filled out by the professor and sent in with each test. An electronic copy of this form will be sent to each professor for subsequent use on future tests.
- When a student wants to take an exam he/she must first talk to their professor and agree on the date and time when the exam should be given. The student will then be responsible for scheduling the test by sending an email to TestingPLV@pace.edu. The student is expected to CC his/her professor on this email to ensure that there is no miscommunication. Disability Services will then confirm the appoinment with both the student and the professor. Disability Services will email the professor and request the test paper. An copy of the "Testing Accommodations Form" will be attached in the email to the professor.
- The professor is then responsible for sending the “Testing Accommodations Form” and the test to the "Accommodated Testing Center" by mail to Mortola Library, 3rd Floor Room 316 or by email to TestingPLV@pace.edu.
- Note: The student is required to make the appointment at least three business days prior to the day and time of the student’s scheduled testing time.
Information for Students
- Please make sure to schedule your appointment/s as soon as possible to reserve a slot for testing on your preferred day. Appointments scheduled with less than three business days' notice are likely to be denied.
- Please arrive on time to the "Accommodated Testing Center" to take your exams. Go to Mortola Library, 3rd Floor Room 316. Delays will result in reduced testing time, as they would in a class-administered test.
- Check-in at the front desk upon arrival and after test completion. Be advised that only approved supplies will be allowed in the testing room. You will be asked to leave other materials and personal belongings at the testing office for the duration of testing.