Your University 101 and Peer Leader
All first-semester students at Pace take a seminar entitled University 101 (UNV 101). This is a credit-bearing once-a-week class that is designed to address the transition from high school to college, introduce students to the resources that are available here at Pace, and facilitate success in the college environment.
College as a Scholarly Community
Liberal Learning: The Core Curriculum
Academic Honesty: Ethics and Integrity
Time Management and Scheduling
Academic Advisement: Thinking Beyond Registration
Introduction to Four-Year Planning
Each UNV 101 class is assigned a Peer Leader, an upper-class student who has successfully completed the CAP Program.
- are mentors who know first-hand what it means to be successful first-year college students.
- serve as role models.
- work with current students on their transition to University life.
- work with the professor of their UNV 101 class on lesson planning and class activities.
- are a valuable source of advice and information on what life is like as a Pace student.
- assist students with registration for the spring semester.