Online English Placement Test Westchester Freshman Only
English Placement Exam - Westchester
The English Placement Exam, administered by the Department of English and Modern Language Studies, serves as the medium by which English faculty determine the most appropriate composition course for incoming freshmen to take during their first semester at Pace. This exam is designed as an off-campus essay assignment, which students complete at home, prior to arriving for their campus orientation. Before completing the exam, please read through the policies and instructions below thoroughly (they are also included in the PDF of the prompt options for the exam).
- The exam will be available from June 1, 2013, at 12:00am through June 21, 2013, at 11:59pm. Students failing to submit the exam prior to June 21, 2013, at 11:59pm will default into English 110.
- After selecting and reading the PDF of the instructions for composing, as well as the options to which you may respond, you will compose a piece comprised of two parts: a summary and a short essay (the link is below).
- The final product should be saved and sent as a “.doc,” “.docx,” or “PDF” file only. Your first and last name should be the name of the file.
- Once you complete the exam, please attach the document to an email, which should then be sent to PLVEnglishPlacement@pace.edu.
- Include your full name, and a phone number at which you can be reached, in the body of the email.
- A confirmation message will be sent to you once the email is received. Confirmations will be sent between 9:00am and 5:00pm Monday through Friday. If you submit your exam outside of that time frame, please anticipate a delayed confirmation. If you do not receive a confirmation within three (3) days of sending your essay, please contact Professor Stout by phone (914-773-3949).
All questions and concerns should be directed to Professor Andrew Stout, via email or phone: firstname.lastname@example.org or 914-773-3949.