Online English Placement Test Westchester Freshman Only
English Placement Exam
The English Placement Exam, administered by the Department of English and Modern Language Studies, serves as the medium by which English faculty determine the most appropriate composition course for incoming freshmen to take during their first semester at Pace. This exam is designed as an off-campus essay assignment, which students complete at home, prior to arriving for their campus orientation. Before completing the exam, please read through the policies and instructions below thoroughly.
Instructions for when to take and how to access the English Placement Exam:
- The exam will be available from May 11, 2015, at 12:00am through June 12, 2015, at 11:59pm.
- Please visit www.coursesites.com to access the exam platform.
- You will log into the system using your Pace username (e.g. as12345p), with your Pace U-number (e.g. U01234567) serving as the password. Your username and U-number are listed in your orientation packet, and must be entered exactlyas they appear on the Pace documents. If you experience difficulty accessing the platform, please contact an exam administrator listed below.
- Once you are logged in, you will find the “English Placement Exam” listed under “My Courses” on top right of the homepage.
- After selecting the “English Placement Exam,” navigate to the “Content” tab within the course—it is located on the left side of the screen. Here you will find the “Exam Packet,” as well as the link to submit your exam.
- Carefully read through the “Exam Packet” priorto accessing the link to submit your exam. This packet contains guidelines for writing your essay, instructions for submitting your exam, and the article to which you’ll be responding in your essay.