Starting your DNP Journey
Candidates for the DNP program must:
- Be a graduate of an accredited advanced practice nursing master’s degree program.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.3 in a master’s degree program in nursing, or equivalent professional experience.
- Be licensed as a registered nurse in New York State.
- Be state certified and board eligible as a family nurse practitioner* or adult acute care nurse practitioner.
- Submit a current professional resume.
- Applicants must submit a personal statement as outlined in the application.
- Submit two letters of recommendation that describe your (advanced) clinical practice, the potential for achievement in graduate study, and the potential for professional achievement. The letters of recommendation should address your intellectual ability, the ability to work with others, ability in written and oral expression, maturity, initiative/independence, and creativity/originality.
- Submit official transcripts from each academic institution the applicant attended.
- No standardized admission test (GRE or Miller Analogy) required.
*If seeking admission to the DNP bridge program, applicants will need to meet with the FNP-DNP program director for a gap analysis to determine eligibility and additional requirements.
Instructions for Application
Applications for the DNP program are submitted online. Click here to apply.
- There is a $70 non-refundable application fee (check or money order), payable to Pace University. The deadline for completion and submission of applications is 3/1/17.**
- Transcripts: Please arrange for an official transcript to be sent from each academic institution that you attended to the Office of Graduate Admission.
**or until class is filled
- Graduate Admissions will screen applications and submit the completed admission packet for all qualified applicants to the DNP Admissions Committee.
- Qualified applicants will be interviewed by the DNP Admissions Committee.
- Graduate Admissions will assist the DNP Admissions Committee in setting up and conducting DNP admission interviews.
- During the interview with the DNP Admissions Committee, applicants will be required to write a 250–500 word abstract on a clinical question they have identified in their practice.
- The DNP Admissions Committee will meet to review outcomes of interviews and select applicants for admission.
- Graduate Admissions will notify all applicants of their status after the selection process has been completed.
Application submission deadline early decision March 1, 2017.
April 15, 2017, second review based on availability.