Sharon Wexler Elected Director of NGNA
Sharon Wexler, PhD, RN, has been elected as Director at Large of the National Gerontological Nursing Association. She will assume office in October at the Annual Meeting in San Antonio, Texas.
The National Gerontological Nursing Association (NGNA) was founded in 1984, and is dedicated to the clinical care of older adults across diverse care settings. Members include clinicians, educators, and researchers with vastly different educational preparation, clinical roles, and interest in practice issues. A striking feature is the substantial number of certified gerontological clinical nurse specialists who select NGNA for membership.
Dr. Wexler will represent the entire membership. Directors have the following duties:
- Assist and make recommendations to the President in committee appointment and program and policy formation and implementation.
- Serve as a resource for chapter formation
- Present concerns/issues of members to NGNA Board or management company and follow through as needed.
- Accept responsibilities and assignments delegated by the President.
- Serve as a liaison to at least one committee but not more than three committees