Business Writing Essentials
Business Writing Essentials
Master the 10 business writing strategies, including getting started, understanding sentence structure, and being concise. Learn the new rules of e-communication to save time and achieve more. Through comparison, revisions, and discussion, learn ways to improve accuracy and clarity. Gain trust and increase confidence by crafting your message to meet your readers’ needs. Take your writing to the next level by immediately applying these essential strategies.
Participants will receive a Pace University Certificate of Completion.
How You Will Benefit
- Master the principles of good grammar and punctuation
- Organize and write effective and powerful documents
- Learn how to write effective email
- Understand the entire writing process
- Write effective letters for all occasions
Save time through proven tricks of the trade
What You Will Cover
- Basic formats—and when to use them
- Ten principles for readability
- Letters that get results: four techniques for power and persuasion
- Using your writing to gain recognition
- Understanding your reader and selecting the appropriate approach; handling criticism
- How to turn dictation into a readable document
- Using mind-mapping to help you get started
Who Should Attend
Individuals who are interested in improving their business writing skills.
Meet the Instructor
Theresa Breland has navigated among a variety of business training contexts, serving both native and nonnative English speaking professionals in various industries (financial, marketing, nonprofit, environmental) in both the public and private sectors. She began her professional career in the fashion industry, holding various positions in merchandising, sales, planning, and international production. Theresa later earned a master’s degree in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) from Teachers College Columbia University. The combination of her corporate experience and her linguistics degree has led to a niche in professional business communication training. Her courses reflect current trends across industries and integrate innovative adult learning methodologies. Participants describe her workshops as relevant, interactive, and engaging. Theresa has delivered corporate training for Pace University since 2001. For more information, see www.TheresaBreland.com.
- "Theresa Breland is a GREAT instructor. She is a dynamic instructor. I am now VERY confident in my business writing." - D. Miller
- "I thought this review was great. Theresa was very knowledgeable and I felt comfortable asking questions." - M. Korensein
- "Thanks to Professor Breland, I am now confident in my business writing." - S. Smith
"The teacher, Theresa Breland, was very personable and willing to answer all questions. Her lecture materials were well thought out and presented. The class was engaged as she was very approachable." - D. Perez
Questions? Please contact us at (914) 773-3714 or ContinuingEd@pace.edu