Certificate In Bookkeeping
Enroll Now! Course begins September 20!
Learn the essential skills needed to become a Certified Bookkeeper (CB Designation)! This program is offered in conjunction with the American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers (AIPB) to prepare you for the national certificate exam --- the highest professional standard for bookkeepers. Participants will receive a Certificate of Completion at the class conclusion.
"Certified Bookkeepers (CBs) and those with several years of accounting or bookkeeping experience will have the best job prospects." —Occupational Outlook Handbook U.S. Department of Labor
About the Program
The certificate program covers the essentials of bookkeeping for those who wish to pursue a career, entrepreneurs who want to manage their own books in a more professional manner, and individuals seeking to take the national exam and earn the coveted CB designation. This course is taught using the AIPB Certified Bookkeeper Workbook Set complemented by the expertise of an experienced instructor. The dynamic classroom experience will be augmented by standard practices, case studies, and real world examples. Please note that students who enroll in this program should have a basic knowledge of double-entry bookkeeping or general accounting.
- Accruals and deferrals
- Adjusting, reversing, and closing entries
- Double entry bookkeeping
- Error correction and reconciliation
- Financial statement preparation
- General ledger entries
- Internal controls and fraud prevention
- Inventory management and valuation
Payroll (including employee earnings and deductions)
- Earn the CB designation
- Distinguish yourself from your peers
- Improve your credentials with management
- Fine tune your knowledge and skills to industry standards
- Increase your earning potential and professional status
Meet the Instructor
Professor William Rundle has been teaching the AIPB Certified Bookkeeping course at Pace for over two years. Many of his bookkeeping students pursue the AIPB certification during the ten-week course or within the following year. Mr. Rundle has also been a Business Education teacher for twenty-seven years and has taught courses in Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Personal Finance, and Business Law. He has served as a high school faculty advisor for the Future Business Leaders of America for the past twenty-four years.
- "If you want to advance your career and earn the CB, take this class. I am now CB certified!" - Michelle M, Spring 2014 student
- "This is the greatest class I have ever taken! Professor Rundle made the material so easy to learn and understand." - Karen Y., Fall 2013 student
- "I was really scared to enroll in this class. I am so glad that I did! I learned so much." - Mary B., Spring 2013 Student,
- "Fabulous class! This is going to really help me get a new job!" - Carol M., Spring 2013 Student,
- "I would highly recommend this course for anybody who wants to pass the CB Exam.” – Sonya O., Spring 2013 Student
QuickBooks Computer Training
This program also features the opportunity to include QuickBooks Training. In this course, you will learn the essentials skills needed to become an expert end user of QuickBooks. This comprehensive two-day program provides practical knowledge and prepares participants to be confident in using this accounting software.
Tuition: $495 (includes all materials)
Click Here for more information and the upcoming course schedule.
FALL 2014 Course Schedule:
Please Note: Tuition does not cover the registration for the CB Exam. Please direct all exam eligibility qualification requirements to the AIPB.
Certificate in Bookkeeping Classroom Course:
Pace University Midtown
551 Fifth Avenue at 45th
New York, NY
September 20 - December 13, 2014
Tuition: $1,299 (includes all materials)
Special Offer! Take $50 off for Pace Alumni!
Remember to use discount code DISC50 to receive your $50 tuition discount when registering online.
Questions? Please contact us at (914) 773-3714 or ContinuingEd@pace.edu