Construction Contract Law & Practices Certificate
Learn how to understand the relationship between contract documents and the construction process!
Master the fundamental knowledge of construction management and building systems. Explore contractual relationships, legal roles and responsibilities, and contract types and address issues of contract law, legal issues, and insurance. The course will focus on disputes that typically arise in project performance and the options that exist to resolve potential liabilities that typically arise in residential and commercial construction disputes. Contract dispute resolution including negotiations, alternative dispute resolution, and litigation of disputes will be studied. Participants will receive a Pace University Certificate of Completion.
Click here to see the Spring 2016 schedule.
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of contract documents and construction law as it pertains to residential and commercial construction
- Learn how to recognize, develop and manage a documentation system
- Understand different forms of formal dispute resolution including litigation, arbitration and mediation
- Handle schedule impacts, delays, accelerations, suspensions and disruption of time related work activities
Who Should Enroll
- Someone who has a blended interest in construction management and the law
- Students who gravitate toward construction, design, and sustainability
Pace University Midtown Center
551 Fifth Avenue at 45th Street
New York, NY
January 16, 23 & 30, 2016
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tuition: $595 (includes all materials)
Class Status: CLOSED
Please contact DJ McErlean-Hopson at (212) 346-1186 or firstname.lastname@example.org.