Students need a foundation in basic electricity in order to study Solar PV technologies and move into new careers in the exciting Solar industry. Pace University offers a 16-hour, two-day hands-on course to prepare students for Solar PV Design and Installation Basics. Students will learn basic electrical theory and characteristics, electrical equations, including Ohm's Law, electrical, and photovoltaic circuts. They will be introduced to the national Electric Code, the propser use of hand tools, schematic drawings and more. This is a prerequisite to take Solar PV Design and Installation Basics.
Click here to see the Spring 2016 schedule.
- Understand the electricity basics that affect Solar PV systems
- Identify the mathematical and electrical laws that are involved
- Perform the calculations that will assess how much electricity will be generated by an identified solar site
- Understand the basics of the National Electric Code
Who Should Enroll
- Individuals interested in learning the basic knowledge of electricity
- Students looking to take Solar PV Design and Installation Basics
New York, NY
February 27 & March 5, 2016
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Class Status: OPEN
Please contact Corey Getchell at (212) 346-1164 or email@example.com