The HR Department of One Certificate
This exciting two-day course will cover the essentials skills needed to act as a ONE person HR Department. Learn how to manage your diverse responsibilities effectively and efficiently. Learn how to strategically position your role to develop relationships, share ideas, offer different perspectives, communicate effectively, and balance the demands of the ever changing world of human resources management.
Participants will receive a Certificate of Completion from Pace University. This class qualifies for 14 recertification credit hours towards PHR and SPHR recertification.
- Outsourcing plans and techniques
- Social media
- Effective interviewing techniques
- Employee relations issues
- The do’s and don’ts of maintaining friendships and relationships with employees and vendors
- How to become a member of your organization’s leadership team
- Where to find resources to stay informed and stay current
- Essential time management techniques
Who Should Attend
- Career changers new to the human resource field
- Supervisors who have responsibility for recruiting, interviewing, and training employees
- Line managers who have human resources responsibilities
- HR Professionals (new and experienced) whose experience has been a single function area
- Entrepreneurs and business professionals who have HR responsibilities
Certified SHRM participants who need recertification credits (qualifies for 14 credit hours)
Learn from the Best!
Pace University is nationally recognized as a Top 10 SHRM Provider and has earned the coveted HRCI Approved Provider designation.
If your position has ANY element of a human resource role, this course is for you!
Meet the Instructor
Greg Chartier, Ph.d., SPHR, GPHR, is Principal of The Office of Gregory J Chartier, a Human Resources Consulting firm and is a well-known management consultant, educator and speaker. His practice consists of three broad areas: human resources management, outsourcing for firms of less than 100 employees, and management training. His business experience includes management positions with Pfizer, The Chase Manhattan Bank, The Bank of New York and Johnson & Johnson.
Mr. Chartier's seminars are customized to reinforce company mission, vision, value, and culture. The content is practical for team leaders, managers, supervisors and executives. His philosophy is simple: "Management is a skill and you can be a better manager by developing your skills."
Mr. Chartier has a Bachelors Degree from The Citadel, the Military College of South Carolina, an MBA from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, and a Ph.D. in Human Resources Management from Madison University. He is certified by the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) as a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR).
Questions? Please contact us at (914) 773-3714 or ContinuingEd@pace.edu