Licensed Process Server Exam Prep
Become a NY Licensed Process Server!
Prepare for the New York Process Server Exam! If you have ever been served legal papers, you have experienced first-hand the role of a Licensed Process Server. Licensed Process Servers are individuals employed by lawyers or legal service groups to “serve” persons with court documents. They are a valuable component of the criminal justice system as they keep things running smoothly and restrict additional legal expenses.
In this exciting course, you will learn the necessary knowledge and skills to pass the New York Licensed Process Server Exam. Upon successfully passing the exam, obtaining an individual process server license, and meeting the New York City Department of Consumer Affairs requirements, a licensed process server can work for themselves.
- Learn the role of Process Server
- Learn how to legally serve summonses, notifications, and other relevant documents to a party or to other individuals involved in a lawsuit, giving them legal notice of a court action.
- Learn the applicable city, state and federal laws
- Learn the different manners of service of process
- Learn the various bond requirements and licensing fees
- Learn the rules of the various electronic device rules
Who Should Take This Course
- Individuals in the legal profession (i.e. Paralegals, Legal Assistants)
- Individuals looking for a flexible work schedule
- Individuals looking to advance their career and employment opportunities
Individuals looking to add to the value/prestige of their resume or earn extra income
Meet the Instructor
Professor Michael J. Pocchia, Esq.is a professor of legal studies at Pace University. He is a practicing attorney with over 19 years of legal experience and is currently employed by the NYC HRA Office of Child Support Enforcement as the Executive Director of Investigations, Enforcement, and Interstate Units. Prior to this position, he worked for the NYC Department of Corrections as an Assistant Legal Counsel. Professor Pocchia has been teaching notary public law classes for over 10 years to legal assistant students, practicing paralegals and members of the community throughout New York State.
FALL 2014 Course Schedule
Pace University Midtown Center
551 Fifth Avenue at 45th
New York, NY
October 18, 2014
Pace University Downtown Campus
One Pace Plaza
New York, NY
Wednesday & Thursday Evening
October 22 & 23, 2014
Questions? Please contact us at (914) 773-3714 or ContinuingEd@pace.edu