Residential Private Income Property Management
This course will cover the essential elements of the management of residential / private income properties. Learn successful property management skills, how to locate properties for purchase, and how to maximize cash returns and appreciation. Rent regulated and non-regulated residential units and the legal and practical topics that a person who owns or plans to purchase rental properties must be familiar with in order to obtain a maximum return on their investment will be discussed.
Participants will receive a Certificate of Completion. NYS Approved for 7.5 hours of continuing education.
- Investment types / analysis; rent collection
- Tenant selection
- Budgeting and responsibilities for repairs and capital improvements
- Landlord regulations
- Legal protection, insurance, and taxes
- Rights and obligations of owner and tenant
- Rental control and regulation
- Legal proceedings inclusion, the residential lease
- Government housing program including Section Eight housing, preferential rent, rent overcharges
- Succession rights, luxury deregulations, major capital improvements
- Security deposits
- Cooperative and condominiums
Spring 2014 Course Schedule:
Pace University Midtown
551 Fifth Avenue at 45th
New York, NY
April 5, 2014
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Course # 90114
Special Offer! Take $50 off for Pace Alumni!
Remember to use discount code DISC50 to receive your $50 tuition discount when registering online.
Questions? Please contact us at (914) 773-3714 or ContinuingEd@pace.edu