Certificate in iPhone Application Development
The learning objectives of the class is to develop an understanding of the iOS platform across devices and Apple's ecosystem and to develop iPhone programming skills and soft skills of student learners to enable them to plan, design, build iPhone (iPad) apps and upload apps to Apple's App Store. This is a very 'leading edge' course and will include learning about universal applications (iPhone / iPad / iTouch) and iAd.
Optional / Supplemental Hours:
Students registered in the iOS / iPhone Application Development program will also have access to our Mobile Device Computing Lab. The Mobile Device Computing Lab will be open to all mobile students to work collaboratively in groups or individually on homework assignments and class projects. The lab will also be staffed with an instructor to provide extra help with questions, homework assignments and / or projects. The lab will be available one Saturday per month or three times during the course. Participants will earn a Pace University Certificate of Completion.
Click here to see the Fall 2016 schedule.
- Design iPhone (iPad) apps
- Build iPhone (iPad) apps,
- Upload apps to Apple’s App Store.
- Thorough knowledge about universal applications (iPhone / iPad / iTouch) and iAd.
- Students will learn Apple's iOS 8, XCode, Interface Builder and SDK.
Who Should Enroll
Anyone interested in learning how to build mobile apps, iPhone / iPad applications.
- No prior iPhone / iOS Application Development experience required.
- Must have C, C++ or Object Oriented Programming (OOP) experience.
- Objective C or Swift programming experience and / or knowledge is a plus / preferred.
- If you don't have programming experience or limited experience, we offer a course (Introduction to Object Oriented Software Development for Mobile Device Computing - see course details for this class) to prepare for mobile device computing (iPhone Application Development).
Pace University Downtown
163 William Street, Mac Lab
New York, NY
November 8, 2016 - January 26, 2017
6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Course#: Coming Soon!
Class Status: OPEN
Please contact us at 888.561.7223 or ContinuingEd@pace.edu