CMS Web Application Development
Content Management Systems have gained in popularity as the number of robust and complex websites continues to grow. Students will cover the lifecycle of web sites, including their creation, management, distribution, and publishing of content.
This extensive hands-on course will cover award winning open source CMS applications such as Joomla, Drupal, Magento and Wordpress and others. Students will explore Open source Content Management Systems (CMS), Content Management Frameworks (CMF), and Web Content Management (WCM) in Java, .Net, Ruby, Python, and PHP. Students will build a number of high performance web application components and sites throughout the course. As a final project, students will build a full web application of their choice.
Click here to see the course schedule.
- Plan, design, build and maintain websites using CMS (Content Management Systems)
- Plan, design, build and maintain websites using CMF (Content Management Frameworks) systems.
Who Should Enroll
- Students who have taken the Adobe Web Design course or have the equivalent experience and have solid skills in Dreamweaver, CSS, HTML and basic knowledge of PHP.
- Prior WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Magento, etc. users or administrators looking for better understanding and more control of their sites
- Web designers / developers looking to extend their knowledge and understand site creation with Content Management Systems and to expand their skills by creating CMS-driven sites
*This is an intermediate to advanced course.
New Dates Coming Soon!
Please contact us at 888.561.7223 or ContinuingEd@pace.edu