Walking then Running with Ruby on Rails
Jumpstart your career with new courses from the Seidenberg School!
The mission of Pace University’s Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information Systems is to prepare men and women for professional work, research, and lifelong participation in a new and dynamic information age.
We are committed to providing an
education based in reality in order to prepare you for your future.
Start Date: Tuesdays, October 22-December 10
Location: Pace University Downtown – 2nd Floor Seidenberg Conference Room
- Set up the environment, talk about technologies used
- Hook up the database, use scaffolding
- Routes, Asset pipiline, modifying scaffolding and adding new pages
- Ruby console, Ruby methods
- MVC overview
- Using gems
- Data structure, relational objects
- Deploy on heroku; set up git.
You Will Learn To
- Leverage Ruby on Rails to create a full-fledged web application
- Use a relational database to store and manipulate the data behind your web application
- Understand how Ruby on Rails and its technologies work together. Understand MVC, installing gems, and extending scaffolding to meet your needs.
- Get up and running on a heroku server to showcase your application to the public
- Read Ruby on Rails documentation, as well as forums and mailing lists to find what youd to know.
Who Should Enroll
Students will develop an application of theirsing. The course will include a lecture portion to explain the next step in the development process followed by a hands-on programming session where students can apply the lesson of the evening while still able to ask questions of the instructor and each other.
About the Instructor
Julie Gill is a Ruby on Rails developer at StreetEasy.com, where she works on everything from the database to the redesigns.
Location: 163 William St., New York, NY 10038
Please contact us at (888) 561-7223 or email@example.com
Launchpad! Eight Weeks to
Tools and Techniques in
Integrated Digital Marketing
Walking then Running with
Ruby on Rails
Trials and Tribulations of
Introducing BYOD (Bring Your