Writing for Results
Learn how to write like a professional!
Success takes more than having a great idea and the expertise to implement it. In order to succeed in today’s information overload world you must be able to effectively articulate your ideas quickly, clearly and concisely in proposals, emails, reports, memos, project plans and through social media. Writing for Results is a one-day program that will help you engage your audience and achieve your goals. From knowing your audience to prioritizing your messages and effectively editing your own work, Writing for Results demonstrates that you don’t have to be a professional writer to communicate like one.
Participants will receive a Pace University Certificate of Completion.
How You Will Benefit
· Learn the difference between effective and ineffective writing
· Master the art of simplifying the most complex topics
· Learn how to prioritize and connect multiple messages in a single document
· Edit your own work for maximum impact.
· Use effective writing to create conversations
· Know when a written message is not an effective form of communication
What You Will Cover
- Understand that one size does not fit all – different audiences require different writing styles
- Learn ways to select and analyze the content while getting started
- Strategies to adjust the style and tone of reports based on the readers’ interests and your objective
- Master the art of writing complex topics
- Techniques to balance the detailed information with the summarized content while remaining concise
- Effective formats that enhance readability
Who Should Attend?
All professionals who want to improve their report writing skills and increase their confidence with all types of business writing.
Meet the Instructor
Jeff Opperman is Pace University's Director of Executive Communications. He is also a published author, business executive, speechwriter, teacher and facilitator. In a career spanning more than 30 years, Jeff has written for radio, newspapers, magazines, corporations, websites and blogs. His speeches have been highlighted in books, his corporate communication programs have won awards and senior executives have delivered his speeches to business, government and non-profit audiences all over the world.
Jeff has successfully helped countless corporate professionals raise the level of their writing skills to ensure their ability to communicate and gain support for their great ideas is only matched by their functional expertise. Writing is about delivering information and messages that motivate audiences to act, he says, and participants have rated his program, Writing for Results, 100 percent effective!
FALL 2015 Course Schedule:
Pace University Midtown
551 Fifth Avenue at 45th
New York, NY
November 10, 2015
9:00 am-4:00 pm
Tuition: $195 (includes all materials)
Questions? Please contact us at (212) 346-1186 or ContinuingEd@pace.edu