Relaxation Room (Westchester Campus)
Relaxation is an important part of taking good care of yourself. Few of us have much experience with real relaxation, which is a focused, intentional period of time when one is mindful and alert, and yet one’s muscles and mind are relaxed. It’s not as easy as it might sound! But when you get good at it, it can restore energy and boost mood and performance.
We invite you to use our Relaxation Room, located in Elm Hall lobby area, which is designed to help students explore various resources for improving their emotional health. In the Relaxation Room, sit in our large recliner massage chair in a room with soft lighting. Use our SAD Lamp to help ease seasonal mood swings and winter depression, and help improve sleeping patterns. Listen to soothing music and take a break from an overwhelming day. Use our biofeedback machine, emWave2© to train yourself to reduce your stress. Calm your mind while creating beautiful images on the Buddha Board.
View some other stress management tips.
Spring 2018 hours:
- Mondays: 4pm - 9pm
- Tuesdays: 12pm - 4pm
- Wednesdays: 4pm - 9pm
- Thursdays: 4pm - 8pm
Guidelines to using the Relaxation Room:
- You will need a valid Pace University ID in order to reserve time and use the space in our Relaxation Room.
- You will need to complete a brief introductory / training workshop prior to using the room.
- Each session in the Relaxation Room is limited to 30 minutes.
- Usage of the Relaxation Room is one person at a time.
- You will be asked to leave the Relaxation Room in the same condition you found it, ordinary wear and tear excepted.
How to Reserve the Relaxation Room:
If you are interested in learning more about what is offered, or to schedule an appointment to use this room, please call (914) 773-3710 or e-mail RelaxPLV@pace.edu. Prior to using the room, all students will need to complete a brief introductory/training workshop at the Counseling Center on how to use the Relaxation Room and its equipment.
- You do not have to be a client of the Counseling Center to use the Relaxation Room.
- Use of the Relaxation Room is a form of self-help and is not treatment by the Counseling Center. If you feel that stress or other factors are compromising your ability to meet the requirements of academic study and/or daily life, we encourage you to contact the Counseling Center for an assessment.
- All persons using the Relaxation Room must first sign a liability release and authorization as a condition of use.