Human Resources Management Certificate Program
Begins May 30, 2012
Pace University’s four-course certificate program in human resources management can be your entrée into corporate America or add to your credentials if you are already working. Take two courses in the summer, taking advantage of our discounted two-course summer package, and then finish the other classes during the next semester or two. Through formal and systematic study of management, students learn methods of directing and motivating group efforts toward achieving the organization's primary objective: the optimal allocation of resources. The Human Resources Management certificate program focuses on providing students with the breadth and depth of knowledge to analyze, design, and evaluate human resources systems and processes across the full spectrum of human resources management functions.
What is the curriculum?
Take Managerial and Organizational Concepts (MGT 250), Human Resources Management (MGT 362) and two other management courses from the list below. Click on course names for description and schedule.
3. Select two of the following courses to complete the HRM Certificate:
Career and Industry Links
- American Society for Training and Development www.astd.org
- Human Resource Planning Society www.hrps.org
- Society for Human Resource Management www.shrm.org
- Society for HRM Global www.shrmglobal.org
- U.S. Department of Labor: And Bureau of Labor Statistics www.dol.gov
- U.S. National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) www.nlrb.gov
After earning credits in human resources management or the certificate, you may want to consider preparing for the SHRM exam by taking a class in Pace’s Center for Professional Education