Student Activities and Resources
The 2010 Lambda Pi Eta Class, from left, includes: Mary Clark, Amanda Shinn, Kelly McGuire, Michelle Birch, Caity Kirschbaum, Molly Forman, Dr. Pulaski Behling (LPH Advisor), Carissa DiGangi, Jessica Wade. Not pictured: Neila Smith-Dorfman, Martin Totland, Kristyn J. Wynnyckyj, Kerry B. Puorro.
Lambda Pi Eta Honor Society
Students on the Pace PLV campus may be eligible to join the Mu Iota Chapter of Lambda Pi Eta (LPH), a student organization of the National Communication Association.
In order to become a member of a Lambda Pi Eta chapter, the student must:
- Have completed at least 60 semester hours (or at least 90 quarter credit hours) in college.
- Have completed at least 12 semester hours (or at least 18 quarter credit hours) of communication study.
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- Have a communication studies GPA of at least 3.25.
- Currently enrolled as a student in good standing.
- Display commitment to the field of communication.
Recent LPH activities include:
- Movie Night at the Jacob Burns Film Center (burnsfilmcenter.org)
- Organization of Connections in Communications, an evening event hosted at Pace bringing together alumni, professionals and students to network and discuss various fields of Communications.
- LPH Induction ceremony is held each Spring
Please contact Michelle Pulaski Behling, PhD for more information at email@example.com.
Connections in Communications
Lambda Pi Eta, and the Media, Communications, and Visual Arts department host an annual networking event to bring together professionals in the field with current undergraduate majors. This event is a great way for students to make contacts in the communications industry.
- Itvany.org - The New York Media Communications Association (Dr. Luskay is the Editor and is on the Board of Directors)
- Nywici.org - New York Women in Communications
- Cencom.org - Center for Communication - check out FREE SEMINARS every semester
- Burnsfilmcenter.org - The Jacob Burns Film Center in Pleasantville
- Natcom.org - The National Communication Association
- Icahdq.org - The International Communication Association
- Prsa.org – Public Relations Society of America
Pace University’s Public Relations Club (PPRC)
Pace University’s Public Relations Club (PPRC) is a student run organization dedicated to helping its members gain an understanding of the foundational necessities and technical expertise needed to succeed in the field of Public Relations and Communications. Our student members meet to discuss creative strategies; legal and ethical issues associated with the industry as well as attend speakers’ series and networking opportunities. The club also provides hands-on work experience with other Pace clubs and departments helping to promote and brand Dyson College events.
PPRC is open to all Pace students, both undergraduate and graduate. No prior experience is necessary. If you are interested in joining, contact:
Paul Ziek, PhD
Faculty Advisor, Pace Public Relations Club
Phone: (914) 772-3672