The Sino-American Publishing Research Center
The Sino American Publishing Research Center in Nanjing, China was created in the summer of 2006 by the Phoenix Publishing and Media Group (PPMG), Pace University, and Nanjing University and is the first of its kind in China.
The center aims to conduct seminars and foster cooperation between the Chinese and U.S.publishing industries. Pace was one of the first U.S. universities to establish a Master’s degree in publishing.
The process for creating the research center started during the spring of 2006, when executives from PPMG visited Pace and signed a mutual agreement of understanding to work closely with professionals here in the United States to explore ways of mutual cooperation.
Priorities on the Center’s agenda include:
- Reaching out to publishing professionals worldwide and discussing topics of mutual interest.
- Permitting publishing professionals to conduct research about major issues concerning the industry.
- Planning seminars on various themes and inviting publishing executives to Nanjing and New York City to join in addressing these issues.
- Fostering publishing education by sending PPMG executives to Pace University as research scholars to work with Pace professors and New York publishing executives and obtain a greater understanding of the publishing business.
- Encouraging Pace professors and U.S. publishing executives to visit China and work with their Chinese counterparts to study and discuss issues confronting publishing houses in both markets.