Annual Mock Hearing
Legislative Mock Hearing
Every spring, undergraduate teams from multiple majors research and prepare testimony on an emerging environmental issue. They are coached by the Institute's senior fellow, John Cronin. Students present their testimony at a competitive legislative mock hearing before a committee comprised of professionals that have included legislators, judges, deans, and scholars with expertise in public service, law, policy, and the environment.
Prior mock hearing topics have included:
- Protection of Pollinators in New York State
- The Regulation of Nanomaterials in New York State
- New York's Reforming the Energy Vision Efficiency, Resiliency, Profitability, Sustainability
- Building a New York Dairy Industry that is Economically, Environmentally, and Ethically Sound
- Clean Water Act: The 40th Anniversary and Beyond
Mock Hearing of the New York State Assembly Committee on Environmental Conservation
The April 2018 Mock Hearing details will emerge this Spring!