Mission and Goals
The mission of the Pace University Writing Center, in Pleasantville, New York, following guidelines set forth by the International Writing Centers Association, is to serve as a resource to all members of the university community who are committed to the demanding but inspiring work of written communication.
The Pace University Writing Center, in Pleasantville:
- serves the university as an inviting resource for all writers;
- supports all writing programs within the university;
- mentors writers by focusing on transferrable skills (e.g. the revision process, critical thinking, content development, research and source use, etc.);
- contributes to students' successful progress toward graduation;
- helps students understand and negotiate the university context of and expectations for college writing;
- fosters and promote understanding and acceptance of diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, and viewpoints;
- trains and mentors graduate and undergraduate writing consultants who will be able to use their consultation experience to their advantage in future professional roles.