October 26-28, 2012
P(e)ace and Justice: An Interdisciplinary Conversation
The Warwick Center, Warwick, N.Y.
Free Transportation to and from the Pace campuses is provided.
Deadline: October 1, 2012
Join students, faculty and alumni in an intellectually stimulating and socially engaging weekend of discussion and debate. We will consider such questions as:
- Is peace simply the absence of violent conflict or does it require a socially just society?
- Are there tensions between peace and justice?
- To what extent should establishing peace and justice be the vocation for a professional few versus the social responsibility of all?
- How does your department, discipline, field of study conceptualize peace or justice?
- Where do we see peace and justice issues on our campuses and in our communities?
- How are we at Pace University working towards greater peace and justice in the world?
Faculty Leaders: Dr. Emily Welty and Dr. Matthew Bolton, Political Science
Complete the appropriate reservation form and return to Dr. Maria Iacullo-Bird at email@example.com