Pace University Announces It`s Time: The Centennial Campaign for Pace University
On April 24, 2007, Pace University announced the launch of its capital campaign, It’s Time: The Centennial Campaign for Pace University. Since the campaign began in 2003, Pace alumni/ae and friends have contributed more than $65 million in gifts and pledges toward the campaign’s $100 million goal. This comprehensive campaign, the most ambitious in the University’s 100-year history, is securing investments to fund scholarships and dynamic student opportunities; augment and support a highly talented faculty; create the campus of tomorrow with state-of-the-art technology and modern spaces for teaching and learning; and ensure top-flight academic programs.
Dyson College’s campaign goal is $13.5 million. To date, with the combined efforts of Adrienne Capps, Dyson’s Director of Development, Dean Nira Herrmann, and the Office of Philanthropy, Dyson College has raised $9.8 million, which represents 73 percent of our goal.
Here are the details of our progress:
- 1,450 individuals, foundations and companies have contributed to date – 41 at $10,000 or greater.
- For 26 of these top 41 donors (63%), it is the first major gift they have made to Pace University.
- Fifteen new student scholarships have been established.
- Seven have made commitments to increase their existing scholarship funds.
- Six have included Dyson College in their estate plans either through a will or retirement account.
- To date, the Dyson College Campaign Steering Committee has made personal commitments, providing a generous $214,000 for Dyson College. Average gift: $35,667.
- The third largest gift in Pace’s history was awarded to Dyson College in February - $7.5 million from the Dyson Foundation. Read this newsletter’s cover article.
If you would like to help Dyson College reach its goal, please contact Adrienne Capps, email@example.com, (212) 346-1907.
Please visit www.pace.edu to learn more about the campaign.