The Writing Center is supported and guided by an advisory board comprising, in part, of local members who are professors at Pace University. Most of the local advisory board members are trained in discipline of English. Other members are professors in other disciplines who have an interest in, and are in support of the Writing Center. The coordinator of the writing center is a specialist in the field Rhetoric and Composition and Writing Center Pedagogy.
The advisory board also comprises regional and national members who lend support and guidance and help to ensure that the Pace University Writing Center’s practice adheres to national standards.
Local Advisory Board Members
- Anthony Alfonso, M.S., Lecturer in the School of Education
- Linda Anstendig, Ed.D., Professor of English and Modern Language Studies
- Heather Bryant, M.F.A., Lecturer in the Department of English and Modern Language Studies
- Jane Collins, Ph.D., Associate Professor of English and Modern Language Studies
- Joseph Franco, Ph.D., Professor of Psychology
- Bette Kirschstein, Ph.D., Chair and Associate Professor of English and Modern Language Studies
- Patrick J. McGuigan, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Management and Management Science
- Susan Merritt, Ph.D., Professor of Computer Science and Information Systems
- Lesa Rader, MBA, M.S., CAP Academic Advisor
- Rostyslaw Robak, Ph.D., Professor and Department Chair of Psychology
- Andréa Sonenberg, DNSc, WHNP, CNM, Assistant Professor of Nursing
- Andrew J. Stout, M.A., Writing Center Coordinator and English Department faculty member
- Allen Stix, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Computer Science and Information Systems
- Ama Wattley, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of English and Modern Langauge Studies
Regional/National Advisory Board Members
Margaret C. Ervin, Ph.D.,
directs the Business Writing Institute of the West Chester University Writing Center. She served as the Writing Center Director at West Chester University from 2007 to 2012. She founded The Business Writing Institute of the Writing Center in 2012, and through this institute, uses the principles of writing center pedagogy to train business writers on site in their places of work. In 2013, she was elected to serve as the Vice President of the Board for the Mid-Atlantic Writing Centers Association, where she has previously held the office of Secretary.
- Karen Fitts, Ph.D., is the Writing Center Director at West Chester University in Pennsylvania.