Program information for Pace students interested in joining Jumpstart:
- For a full school year, Corps members are paired with children at a local preschool. Corps members work in teams of about 7 college students with classrooms of 20 children.
- Corps members and children participate in Jumpstart sessions twice per week, providing key one-to-one attention and group interaction.
- Jumpstart helps children develop the language, literacy, and social skills vital to success not just in school, but also in life.
- Corps members volunteer approximately 10 hours/week, totaling 300 hours over the school year.
- As an AmeriCorps program, Jumpstart members regularly engage in reflections regarding service to offer better support to the children and families served.
- At the completion of 300 hours of service, Corps members are eligible for a $1000 education award from AmeriCorps. (Additionally, internship credit may be available; students with work-study eligibility may get paid).
- Preference will be given to applicants with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Required intensive training prior to beginning service
- Applicants accepted on a rolling basis with a majority of hiring done in May and September. Apply early as most spots are filled in May.