Dyson College of Arts and Sciences
Mathematics - NYC
- @New York City
41 Park Row
New York City
PhD , New York University , 1972
MS , New York University , New York City , 1968
BS , Brooklyn College , New York City , 1966
Awards and Honors
- New York University, 1972 - New York University Founders Day Award
- New York University, 1969 - New York University Teaching Fellowship (1969 – 1971)
- National Aeronotics and Space Administration, 1966 - NASA Fellowship (1966 – 1969)
- Brooklyn College, 1966 - Summa Cum Laude, Honors in Mathematics
- National Science Foundation, 1965 - National Science Foundation Award
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, November 1965 - Phi Beta Kappa induction
- Pi Mu Epsilon Mathematical Honor Society, June 1965 - Pi Mu Epsilon membership
- Alpha Sigma Lambda Mathematical Honor Society, March 1962 - Alpha Sigma Lambda induction
Yarmish, J. H. & STRUM-BEISS, R. (2015, July (3rd Quarter/Summer)). ESSENTIAL COLLEGE PRE-ALGRBRA. Vol I (Issue FIRST) , pages 101. http://WWW.KENDALLHUNT.COM
Yarmish, J. H. & Sturm-Beiss, R. College Pre-Algebra Essentials.
Yarmish, J. H. & Sturm-Beiss, R. (2014). Essential College Algebra. , pages 262 pages.
Yarmish, J. H. & Sturm-Beiss, R. (2013). The City University of New York Math Exam: Algebra. , pages 345 pages.
Yarmish, J. H. & Sturm-Beiss, R. (2013). The City University of New York Math Exam: Pre-Algebra. (Issue 978-0-07-804503-5) , pages 347 pages.
Number theory; Codes; Prime numbers
Mathematical Association of America
Promotion of research in advanced mathematics
Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
Transfer credit evaluation [Other]
Desc: Evaluation of mathematics courses for students transferring into Pace University from other institutions. Determination of course level and assignment of appropriate credit where merited.
Committee's Key Accomplishments: As noted under "responsibilities."
Committee for Articulation
[Special Institutional Assignment]
Desc: (1) Discussion with the Mathematics Department at Kingsborough Community College (KCC - City Univ of NY) and (2) Formulation of formal articulation agreements between the Mathematics Department at KCC and the Pace University Mathematics Department. (3) Continued annual review of syllabi to assure relevance and continuity, as programs evolved.
Committee's Key Accomplishments: A formal agreement was reached, providing incentive for Mathematics & Computer Science majors to transfer to Pace University upon completion of the AS degree at Kingsborough.