The Importance of Advisement
Understanding degree requirements, choosing courses, and registering for classes can be confusing. Although students have the ultimate responsibility for knowing and meeting degree requirements, they do not have to navigate the system alone! Seeking help from an adviser is not only required, but the smartest and easiest way for a student to complete his or her degree.
Advisement within Dyson College is offered through a combination of faculty and professional staff.
Contact the office of student advising to get connected with a faculty adviser.
Dyson College believes in the importance of faculty-student interaction, which is the core of the advising process. Our faculty members provide quality advisement services to students pursuing majors or minors in any of our arts and sciences degree programs. Faculty advisers know the curriculum and can suggest the proper sequencing and combination of coursework. They can also make suggestions for internships and co-curricular activities.
Through consistent contact with a faculty adviser, students can develop the kind of working relationship in which they will gain exposure to career opportunities and guidance on graduate degree programs.
The Dyson Advising Office
The professional staff of the Dyson Advising Office can help students in many ways:
- Advising students who wish to learn more about Dyson majors.
- Advising students who are considering a change of major.
- Monitoring and guiding students who are struggling academically.
- Providing information on University Core Curriculum.
- Assisting you with information about many University policies, such as: Course Waivers, Study Abroad, Late Registrations, Late Withdrawals, Reinstatement, Leave of Absence, Graduation Requirements, and Courses at Other Institutions
- Connecting students to other University services, such as: Office of Student Assistance, Financial Aid, Tutoring Center, Degree Verification Office (in OSA), Student Development and Campus Activities, Counseling Center, Pforzheimer Honors College, Academic Resources, and Residential Life.
To make an appointment to see any of our advisers, all you have to do is:
- Call 212-346-1518 in NYC or 914-773-3781 in PLV to make an appointment or contact an advisor.
- Come by the 16th Floor of 41 Park Row in NYC or Choate House, Room 105 in PLV to make an appointment.