- About EFP
- Why Choose Us
- Small Group Classes
- Private Instruction
- Accent Reduction
- Corporate & Workplace Training
- Intensive English Programs
- Contact Us / Locations
Business And Professional Writing
|Fall I||Sept. 9 - Oct. 21, 2014||Tue||6:00 - 9:00 pm||7||$500.00||1 Pace Plaza||Register Now|
|Fall I||Sept. 9 - Oct. 21, 2014||Tue||6:00 - 9:00 pm||7||$500.00||1 Martine Ave, White Plains||Register Now|
|Fall I||Sept. 9 - Oct. 21, 2014||Tue||6:00 - 9:00 pm||7||$500.00||551 Fifth Ave, 8TH FL, NYC||Register Now|
Seven meetings (Tuesdays); Instructor-led. Class runs from 6pm-9pm.
You Will Learn To
- Enhance writing skills designed to suit your specific professional writing needs, such as e-mails, memos, letters, proposals, press releases, reports, and executive summaries
- Clearly and concisely communicate ideas in an organized written manner
- Develop an appropriate writing style, proper tone, format and level of formality for various audiences for professional writing
- Enhance your level of accuracy in grammar, punctuation, word usage and other rules of mechanics in proper business writing
- Develop effective techniques to edit, proofread and revise professional written works
- Attain proper transitional words and phrases to segue to different ideas and themes
Trainees will polish their business and professional writing skills through intensive writing practice and feedback in a small group workshop setting. Instruction focuses on effective organization, improved editing techniques, and appropriate tones and formats for business communication. Word choice, style, idioms, and grammar are dealt with in the context of job-related writing samples to ensure that learning is focused, specific, and goal-oriented.
Trainees will produce effective documents and expand approaches to the writing process by drafting, revising and proofreading. Trainees are encouraged to bring in job, industry specific, or career- related materials to customize their participation to match their own needs.