Students that wish to enroll in the ELI as a full-time F1 student visa holder must submit a formal application to the ELI. If you are not enrolling as an F1 student please do not submit an application and contact the ELI at email@example.com with any questions you may have. This application process is to receive the Form I-20 which is necessary for the F1 visa.
If you do not know whether you should apply as an F1 Student or use another visa such as a Tourist or Work visa please see click here.
**The DEADLINE to apply to the ELI as an F-1 student in INITIAL status (outside the US, require an F-1 visa interview) is 1 month before the first Placement Test for the session you are applying to. TRANSFER students (already holding F-1 visa and transferring their I-20) may apply up until one (1) business day before the first Placement test for the session you are applying to.
To receive a Certificate of Eligibility (I-20 Form), you must submit the following:
1. Completed application form.
2. A photocopy of passport.
3. Affidavit of Support form signed by your financial sponsor. (It's already included in the Application.) Print one copy for each sponsor.
4. Original bank letter in English is preferred. Click here to see an example of a bank letter.
**Bank letter must be dated within 3 months from your application date and be an original mailed to the ELI Office - no electronic versions or copies are accepted. Copies of original bank letters and letters issued older than 3 months will not be accepted.
5. $60.00 non-refundable ELI Application Fee
- To pay by credit card or bank wire, please make a secure online payment through peerTransfer at http://paceeli.peertransfer.com**
**please not that payment by credit card (VISA or Mastercard) through peerTransfer must be doe using a non-US bank account issued creditcard. The bank account cannot be based in the United States. Watch an instructional video online here.
- Make money orders & checks payable to “Pace University”
6. Optional: $65 Express TNT Mail fee. The acceptance material will be sent by TNT express mail service. Please add this amount to your online payment thrugh peerTransfer at http://paceeli.peertransfer.com.
7. For transfer students only: If you are currently a student at another language school, you may transfer to Pace's English Language Institute by getting permission to transfer from your previous school, following (1)-(6) and submitting a completed SEVIS Transfer Form. Download your SEVIS Transfer Form here.
**If your current school requires an acceptance letter to transfer your record you must submit a complete ELI application, proof of financial support, passport photo copy, copies of your current I-20 and I-94 records, and ELI application fee. You will also need to provide us with your current advisor's e-mail or fax number.
Mail an application and all of original supporting documents to the English Language Institute.
New York City Students:
English Language Institute
One Pace Plaza
New York , NY 10038
English Language Institute
Kessel Student Center, 2nd Floor
861 Bedford Road
Pleasantville, NY 10570
Be sure to include your name and return address on the envelope
Upon receiving your application and original financial documents, an I-20 form will be mailed to you to apply for a student (F-1) visa at the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. To allow for sufficient time to process and mail your admissions material, we advise you to submit your application at least six weeks before you wish to begin your studies. Students who are interested in Pace housing should apply at least three months before the beginning of each semester, as space is limited.
Click here to download forms