Students that wish to enroll in the ELI as a full-time F1 student visa holder must submit a formal application to the ELI. If you are not enrolling as an F1 student please do not submit an application and contact the ELI at firstname.lastname@example.org (New York City) or email@example.com (Westchester) with any questions you may have. This application process is to receive the Form I-20 which is necessary for the F1 visa. If you do not know whether you should apply as an F1 Student or use another visa such as a Tourist or Work visa please see click here.
All documents submitted in support of an application for admission are the property of Pace University and will not be returned.
**The DEADLINE to apply to the ELI as an F-1 student in INITIAL status (outside the US, require an F-1 visa interview) is 1 month before the first Placement Test for the session you are applying to. TRANSFER students (already holding an F-1 visa and transferring their I-20) may apply up until one (1) business day before the first Placement test for the session you are applying to.
To receive a Certificate of Eligibility (I-20 Form), you must submit the following:
1. Completed application form.
2. A photocopy of passport.
3. Affidavit of Support form signed by your financial sponsor. (It's already included in the Application.) Print one copy for each sponsor.
4. Bank letter showing proof of financial support, preferably in English with USD conversion. Click here to see an example of a bank letter.
**Bank letter must be dated within 3 months from your application date and show a minimum of $8,000 USD for the Intensive English Program or a minimum of $14,000 USD for Pre-Academic English programs . Bank letters older than 3 months will not be accepted.
5. $60.00 non-refundable ELI Application Fee
- To pay by credit card or bank wire, please make a secure online payment through peerTransfer at http://paceeli.peertransfer.com**
**please note that payment by credit card (VISA or Mastercard) through peerTransfer must be done using a non-US bank account issued credit card. The bank account cannot be based in the United States. Watch an instructional video online here.
- Make money orders & checks payable to “Pace University”
6. Optional: $65 Express TNT Mail fee. The acceptance material will be sent by TNT express mail service. Please add this amount to your online payment through peerTransfer at http://paceeli.peertransfer.com.
7. For transfer students only: If you are currently a student at another language school, you may transfer to Pace's English Language Institute by getting permission to transfer from your previous school, following (1)-(6) and submitting a completed SEVIS Transfer Form. Download your SEVIS Transfer Form here. You must also submit a copy of your current I-20, I-94, F-1 Visa, and US Address.
**If your current school requires an acceptance letter to transfer your record you must submit a complete ELI application, proof of financial support, passport photo copy, copies of your current I-20 and I-94 records, and ELI application fee. You will also need to provide us with your current advisor's e-mail or fax number.
Mail or e-mail an application and all of supporting documents to the English Language Institute.
New York City Students:
English Language Institute
One Pace Plaza
New York , NY 10038
English Language Institute
78 N Broadway
Aloysia Hall 303B
White Plains, NY 10603
Upon receiving your application and original financial documents, an I-20 form will be mailed to you to apply for a student (F-1) visa at the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. To allow for sufficient time to process and mail your admissions material, we advise you to submit your application, at least, six weeks before you wish to begin your studies.
Click here to download forms