**Please note that effective August 15, 2016 the application fee for the Form I-20 is $125.
Students that wish to enroll in the ELI as a full-time F1 student visa holder must submit a formal application to the ELI. This application process is to receive the Form I-20 which is necessary for the F1 visa. If you do not know whether you should apply as an F1 Student or use another visa such as a Tourist or Work visa please see click here.
All documents submitted in support of an application for admission are the property of Pace University and will not be returned.
To receive a Certificate of Eligibility (I-20 Form), you must submit the following:
1. Completed application form
2. A photocopy of passport.
3. Affidavit of Support form signed by you or your financial sponsor.
4. Bank letter showing proof of financial support, preferably in English with USD conversion. Click here to see an example of a bank letter.
**Bank letter must be dated within 3 months from your application date and show a minimum of $8,000 USD for the Intensive English Program or a minimum of $14,000 USD for Pre-Academic English programs . Bank letters older than 3 months will not be accepted.
5. $125 non-refundable ELI Application Fee
- To pay by credit card or bank wire, please make a secure online payment through Flywire at https://www.flywire.com/paceeli**
**please note that payment by credit card (VISA or Mastercard) through Flywire must be done using a non-US bank account issued credit card. The bank account cannot be based in the United States. Watch an instructional video online here.
- Make money orders & checks payable to “Pace University”
6. For transfer students only: If you are currently a student at another language school, you may transfer to Pace's English Language Institute by getting permission to transfer from your previous school, following (1)-(6) and submitting a completed SEVIS Transfer Form. Download your SEVIS Transfer Form here. You must also submit a copy of your current I-20, I-94, F-1 Visa, and US Address.
Mail or e-mail an application and all of supporting documents to the English Language Institute.
New York City Students:
English Language Institute
163 William St, 21st Floor
New York, NY 10038
English Language Institute
78 N Broadway
Aloysia Hall 303B
White Plains, NY 10603
Upon receiving your application and original financial documents, an I-20 form will be mailed to you to apply for a student (F-1) visa at the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. To allow for sufficient time to process and mail your admissions material, we advise you to submit your application, at least, six weeks before you wish to begin your studies.
Click here to download forms