To receive a Certificate of Eligibility (I-20 Form), you must submit the following:
- Completed application form.
- A photocopy of passport.
- Affidavit of Support form signed by your financial sponsor. (It's already included in the Application.) Print one copy for each sponsor.
Original bank letter preferably in English. Click to see an example of a bank letter.
*Bank letter must be dated within 3 months from your application date and be an original mailed to the ELI Office - no electronic versions or copies are accepted. Copies of original bank letters and letters issued older than 3 months will not be accepted
- Non-refundable application fee of $60.00. Select one of payment method
- To pay by credit card or bank wire, please make a secure online payment through peerTransfer at http://paceeli.peertransfer.com**
**please note that payment by credit card (VISA or Mastercard) through peerTransfer must be done using a non-US bank account issued creditcard. The bank account cannot be based in the United States. Watch an instructional video online here.
- Make money orders & checks payable to “Pace University”
- If you would like to pay with a credit card issued by an US bank, please fill out the “Credit Card Authorization Form”
- Optional: $65 Express Mail fee. The acceptance material will be sent by express mail service with a tracking number. Please add this amount to your online payment thrugh peerTransfer at http://paceeli.peertransfer.com.
For transfer students only: If you are currently a student at another language school, you may transfer to Pace's English Language Institute by getting permission to transfer from your previous school, following (1)-(6) and submitting a completed SEVIS Transfer Form. Download your SEVIS Transfer Form here.
Housing Application- if you are NOT going to apply for Pace University Housing, please SKIP number7
- For anyone who would like to apply for housing, please submit:
- To reserve a room for a Fall, Winter or Spring semester, please submit the "Housing Application Form" with a deposit of US$500.00 ($400 non-refundable pre-payment, and $100 Security Deposit).
- To reserve a room for a Summer semester, please submit the 2012 Summer Housing Application Form with a full payment of US$1,330 (double occupancy.) Please note that single ($1,570) and double as single room ($1,750) will only available if space permits. To secure a space, please submit your application with your full payment by April 20.
For a Fall, Winter, or Spring semester, $400 out of the $500 deposit will be applied to your housing fee, and $100 will be used as a security deposit. The security deposit will be returned to you when you check out, and if your room has not been damaged. If you want to pay the housing deposit by Credit Card, please fill out our "Credit Card Authorization Form".
Please Note: All forms that have been mentioned here are in the download page.
- Mail an application and all of original supporting documents to the English Language Institute.
English Language Institute
Kessel Student Center, Pace University
861 Bedford Rd. Kessel STudent Center
Pleasantville , NY 10570
Be sure to include English Language Institute AND your name and return address on the envelope.
Upon receiving your application and original financial documents, an I-20 form will be mailed to you to apply for a student (F-1) visa at the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. To allow for sufficient time to process and mail your admissions material, we advise you to submit your application at least six weeks before you wish to begin your studies. Students who are interested in Pace housing should apply at least three months before the beginning of each semester, as space is limited. For a Fall semester, please submit your housing application as early as possible to secure a spot.
Click here to download forms
International Students: Pace University is now a partner with peerTransfer to streamline the tuition and housing payment process for our international students. With peerTransfer, you are offered excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency (in most cases) and save a significant amount of money compared to traditional banks. You will also be able to track where your payment is in the transfer process via a student dashboard and an email confirmation will be sent to you when your payment is received by the school. Live help is available in various language.
What do I need to do upon receipt of Form I-20? These are links from the U.S. Department of State website:
- When Do I Need to Apply for my Student Visa?
- What are SEVIS and SEVP? What Should you Know About it?
- Qualifying for a Student Visa
- Applying for a Student Visa
- Required Documentation
- What are the Required Visa Fees?
- Spouses and Children
- Additional Information
What do I need to do after obtaining the F-1 student visa? Please contact ELI, Westchester to inform us that you secured the F-1 visa.
These are important and informative links from the U.S. Department of State website:
- Staying Beyond Your Authorized Stay in the U.S. and Being Out of Status
- What Items Do Returning Students Need?
- Students Away from Classes for More Than Five Months
- How Long May I Stay on my F-1 Student Visa?
- Optional Practical Training
- Attending Public Secondary School
- How Do I Extend My Stay?
- How Do I Change My Status?
- Further Visa Inquiries