main navigation
my pace
English Language Institute

Application Procedure

To receive a Certificate of Eligibility (I-20 Form), you must submit the following:

1. Completed application form (PDF).

2. A photocopy of passport, I-20, and I-94

3. Affidavit of Support form (DOC) signed by your financial sponsor. (It's already included in the Application.) Print one copy for each sponsor.

4. Original bank letter in English is preferred. Click to see an example of a bank letter (PDF).

  • *Bank letter must be dated within 3 months from your application letters issued older than 3 months will not be accepted

5. Non-refundable application fee of $125.00. Select one of payment method

  • If you are using a non-US issued credit card or using a bank account outside the US, please make a secure online payment through peerTransfer**

    **please note that payment by credit card (VISA or Mastercard) through peerTransfer must be done using a non-US bank account issued creditcard. The bank account cannot be based in the United States. Watch an instructional video online here.
  • Make money orders & checks payable to “Pace University”

Please read Application and Admissions policies.

For transfer students only: If you are currently a student at another language school, you may transfer to Pace's English Language Institute by getting permission to transfer from your previous school, following (1)-(6) and submitting a completed SEVIS Transfer Form. Download your SEVIS Transfer Form here.

Housing Application- if you are NOT going to apply for Pace University Housing, please SKIP number7

7. For anyone who would like to apply for housing, please email ELI Westchester.

Please Note: All forms that have been mentioned here are in the download page.

8. Mail an application and all of original supporting documents to the English Language Institute.

English Language Institute
78 N Broadway
Aloysia Hall 303B
White Plains, NY 10603

Be sure to include English Language Institute AND your name and return address on the envelope.

Upon receiving your application and original financial documents, an I-20 form will be mailed to you to apply for a student (F-1) visa at the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. To allow for sufficient time to process and mail your admissions material, we advise you to submit your application at least six weeks before you wish to begin your studies. Students who are interested in Pace housing should apply at least three months before the beginning of each semester, as space is limited. For a Fall semester, please submit your housing application as early as possible to secure a spot.

Click here to download forms


International Students: Pace University is now a partner with peerTransfer to streamline the tuition and housing payment process for our international students. With peerTransfer, you are offered excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency (in most cases) and save a significant amount of money compared to traditional banks. You will also be able to track where your payment is in the transfer process via a student dashboard and an email confirmation will be sent to you when your payment is received by the school. Live help is available in various language.

  • How to Pay
  • peerTransfer tutorial

What do I need to do upon receipt of Form I-20?
These are links from the U.S. Department of State website:

  • When Do I Need to Apply for my Student Visa?
  • What are SEVIS and SEVP? What Should you Know About it?
  • Qualifying for a Student Visa
  • Applying for a Student Visa
  • Required Documentation
  • What are the Required Visa Fees?
  • Spouses and Children
  • Additional Information

What do I need to do after obtaining the F-1 student visa?
Please contact ELI, Westchester to inform us that you secured the F-1 visa.

  • Entering the U.S.- Port of Entry

These are important and informative links from the U.S. Department of State website:

  • Staying Beyond Your Authorized Stay in the U.S. and Being Out of Status
  • What Items Do Returning Students Need?
  • Students Away from Classes for More Than Five Months
  • How Long May I Stay on my F-1 Student Visa?
  • Optional Practical Training
  • Attending Public Secondary School
  • How Do I Extend My Stay?
  • How Do I Change My Status?
  • Further Visa Inquiries