J-1 Au Pair Students
Special Au Pair Pricing!
*Applies to Saturday Integrated Skills and Professional and Business English Courses AND Evening Integrated Skills course. Does not include $10 material fee.
Welcome to the English Language Institute (ELI), Westchester Campus. At ELI, we offer a variety of programs to help students with English as a second language for personal, professional, and academic purposes.
78 N Broadway
Aloysia Hall 303B
White Plains, NY 10603
- Directions to Aloysia Hall in White Plains.
- Pace Law School Campus Map (PDF)
- Pace Shuttle bus schedule from White Plains Station (weekdays)
Weekday Morning Intensive Classes
Pace University’s English Language Institute offers au pairs the opportunity to study in our Intensive Program at a deeply discounted rate. A limited number of seats are available. Some restrictions apply.
- Grammar and Writing —Learn proper grammar and avoid common errors in written and spoken English.
- Reading and Vocabulary – Our expert instructors will help you understand more of what you read and build your academic and everyday English vocabulary.
- Oral Skills – Reduce your accent as you practice and improve your presentation, debate, and negation skills.
- Conversation and Listening – Learn common idioms and improve your listening skills in this highly interactive class
Saturday ESL Program
Classes in these programs are conveniently scheduled on Saturday morning and afternoon. Courses are designed for non-native English speakers who want to improve their English skills for personal and professional reasons.
- Saturday ESL Program - SPECIAL AU- PAIR PRICING!!
Afternoon & Evening ESL Program
Classes in these programs are conveniently scheduled during the weekday afternoon and evening. Courses are designed for non-native English speakers who want to improve their English skills for personal and professional reasons.
- Afternoon & Evening ESL Program - SPECIAL AU- PAIR PRICING!!
Weekend Intensive Program
Earn 20 hours in a weekend or choose the weekend course and optional essay for 40 hours !!
Au Pair TOEFL Blast! Fridays
This course prepares you to reach their iTP paper-based score goals by teaching every aspect of the test including grammar, vocabulary, reading, listening and test strategies. Students will take the iTP paper-based test at the end of the course. Note: Although students will not take the iBT computer test in association with this course, the instructors will touch upon the differences between the two tests and will suggest ways to prepare for the iBT.
Our 4-hour research essay allows students to practice their academic research skills while earning 4 hours toward their au pair education requirement. You will have one 7-week term to complete this 2-3 page research assignment. However, should you complete the essay early, we will provide a certificate of completion within 48 hours (not including weekends).
How Can You Make the 72-hour/6-Credit Requirement?
There are several ways for you to get 72 hours/6 credits by taking courses in multiple sessions or combining programs. Learn various ways to make the 72-hour/6-credit requirement.
Why Pace English Language Institute?
- Small, interactive classes
- Professional, native English-speaking faculty
- Academic advisement
- Certificate with hours awarded
- No registration fee
- Use of Pace University facilities in Pleasantville such as Goldstein Gym and Pool
- Special au pair pricing
Students are required to register prior to the first class meeting. For insurance reasons, students who are not registered are not allowed to sit in a classroom. Please note we cannot accept the registration and the payment via email.
- Saturday and Evening Students: Please submit the Registration form, Payment/Refund Policies (PDF) and a payment to the ELI office to reserve your seat for a course. Without your receiving registration and payment, we cannot reserve a seat. Please make your check or money order payable to “Pace University.” The au pair’s name should be written in the memo section of the check. If you pay with a money order, please bring it to our office. ELI cannot be responsible for money orders lost in the mail.
- Weekday Morning Intensive Program Students: Please submit the Registration form, Payment/Refund Policies (PDF) and a check payment payable to “Pace University” prior to or on the day of the Placement Test. The au pair’s name should be written in the memo section of the check. Continuing students need not take the placement test again. If you pay with a money order, please bring it to our office. ELI cannot be responsible for money orders lost in the mail.
For questions, please contact ELI office.
Phone: (914) 422-4042
Fax: (914) 989-8045
Address: 78 N Broadway, Aloysia Hall 303B, White Plains, NY 10603