Saturday ESL Program
ALL PROGRAMS AND THE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE ARE ON THE PACE LAW SCHOOL CAMPUS AT 78 NORTH BROADWAY, WHITE PLAINS.
- Saturday ESL Program 2015-2016 Flyer
- Information for J-1 Au Pair Students
Classes in this program are conveniently scheduled on Saturday mornings and afternoons. Courses are designed for non-native English speakers who want to improve their English skills for personal and professional reasons.
- Small interactive class
- Professional native English speaking faculty
- Academic advisement
- Certificate available by request
- No registration or test fee
- Full use of University facilities
Classes are located on the Pace Law School Campus in White Plains.
- Get the directions to the Law School Campus
- Pace Shuttle bus schedule from White Plains Station (weekdays)
- If you drive to the campus, and need a parking tag, please fill out the car registration and give it to your instructor.
- Campus Map
|Fall I 2016||September 10 - October 22||No holidays|
|Fall II 2016||October 29 - December 17||No classes on 11/26 - Thanksgiving break|
|Spring I 2017||January 21 - March 11||No classes on 2/18 - President's Day weekend|
|Spring II 2017||March 25 - May 13||No classes on 4/15 - Good Friday/Easter|
|Summer I 2017||May 20 - July 8||No classes on 5/27 - Memorial Day weekend|
|Summer II 2017||July 15 - August 26||No holidays|
Please submit our online Saturday/Evening ESL application. Please mail your registration and a check payment payable to Pace University to our office in 78 N Broadway, Aloysia Hall 303B, White Plains, NY 10601.
You will get an email on the parking and class room information a week before the class start date.
Course Offerings and Descriptions
|Grammar & Conversation||Spring I and Summer I||10:00-12:30||$205 (incl. material fee)||Aloyia 304|
|Pronunciation and Conversation||Fall II, Spring II, and Summer II||10:00-12:30||$205 (incl. material fee)||Aloysia 304|
|TOEFL Preparation||Fall I, II, Spring I, II, and Summer I, II||1:30-4:00||$245 (incl. material fee)||Aloysia 304|
- Grammar and Conversation: In this grammar course, students develop the form, meaning, and use of English grammar structures. These structures will help students understand and communicate better in social and academic situations.
- Pronunciation and Conversation: The pronunciation and speaking class is designed to help non-native speakers of English speak clearly and effectively, increase self-confidence, and learn speech monitoring abilities. The focus of this class will be on becoming more comfortable listening to rapidly spoken English and learning common expressions and idioms used in formal and informal contexts. Students practice these skills in listening and speaking homework assignments and in individual or group presentations.
- TOEFL Preparation: Learn test strategies and review grammar and vocabulary including Paper-based TOEFL Institutional Test. The test will be given after the class on the last day of the course.
Integrated Skills: Saturday 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
TOEFL Preparation: Saturday 1:30 pm - 04:00 pm
Saturday, Evening, TOEFL Blast, and Weekday Intensive students will receive an ELI ID card. Please keep the card with you if you plan to continue or if you think you may take our courses in the future. You will be charged $20 if you need the replacement card. Please be informed that Weekend Intensive students will not receive the ID card. The policies are in effect from Summer II 2016 students.
For more information, Please contact the English Language Institute at Westchester Campus.
Phone: (914) 422-4042