The Faculty Center for Innovative Teaching and Professional Development
As the new semester begins, we are happy to share with you an exciting announcement regarding faculty development. As of January 15th, 2015, the Center for Teaching, Learning, and Technology (CTLT) and the Center for Faculty Development will merge to create a new center that will be known as The Faculty Center for Innovative Teaching and Professional Development. The new Center seeks to engage all faculty in an active role and offers faculty resources for teaching, experimentation, research and scholarship.
The Faculty Center will focus its efforts in the following three strategic areas:
- Supporting various instructional resources including digital and web-based resources for the design and creation of dynamic, high-quality and effective pedagogical modalities.
- Providing new media support and consultations within the new digital studios for producing and implementing dynamic instructional resources.
- Offering workshops that promote active teaching and learning and demonstrate new virtual resources that are readily accessible to faculty.
- Support of online/blended teaching and learning, including the implementation of high quality online instructional design resources.
- Enabling peer faculty consultations.
Scholarship / Research
- Offering Faculty Forums where faculty are encouraged to conduct scholarship and research.
- Designing and establishing a virtual Academic Commons to support the scholarship of teaching.
- Encourage the use of intentional, evidence-based research methods to investigate teaching and learning and provide the resources needed to conduct research within both traditional and virtual classrooms.
- Support faculty as they proceed and apply for tenure and/or promotion.
- Offer virtual online orientation sessions for adjunct faculty.
- Offer Chair Development Workshops.
- Sponsor and coordinate conferences which highlight "best practices" among Pace faculty.
With the new direction, the Faculty Center will be taking on many new and exciting challenges. There will be some changes that affect the support our faculty currently receive, specifically in regard to the Blackboard Learning Management System. As of January 5th, all Blackboard training and support will be transitioned over to Academic Technology. There have been transitional meetings to make certain there is a smooth transfer of responsibilities. They can be contacted via:
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Visit the Academic Technology webpage for additional resources and tutorials
- For additional questions, contact Beth Gordon, Executive Director of Academic Technology, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact The Faculty Center
Mortola Library, 2nd Floor
Miller Hall, Room #20A
New York City Campus
Birnbaum Library, 2nd Floor
Staff / Faculty
Phone: (914) 773-3317
Phone: (914) 773-3618
Phone: (212) 346-1908
Phone: (914) 773-3823
Phone: (914) 773-3816
Phone: (914) 773-3663
Manager of Online Support Services
Phone: (212) 346 1471