Submit a Proposal - Call for Sessions
Achieving Goals: Challenging Your Students and Yourself
The 16th Annual Faculty Institute will take place May 16 - 17, 2017 on the New York City Campus. As you know, the purpose of the yearly Faculty Institute is to promote faculty excellence and collaboration.
This year’s Faculty Institute examines different ways to think about achievement, both for ourselves as faculty, and for our students. We will explore various avenues for reaching our goals, however we define personal and professional achievement.
The Faculty Institute seeks to explore how goal setting and achievement are realized and to examine how collaboration among faculty, their students and staff can improve student outcomes at Pace. Explicit discussions of goal setting and goal striving – the process by which we work to reach our goals - can improve personal and professional success among faculty and their students. Although goal setting can be difficult and challenging, research indicates that it is a contributing feature of academic and personal success and achievement. Motivating faculty and students to achieve goals, both within and outside the classroom is also an essential aspect of success.
The planning committee invites and encourages your participation in this year's Institute with this call for session proposals. Consistent with the theme of goal setting for success we welcome interactive workshops and presentation proposals that address:
- Examining what Achievement means to different Students or Faculty
- Exploring Strategies to Achievement
- Engaging with Students In and Beyond the Classroom
- Establishing Collaborative Relationships
- Supporting Faculty and Student Achievement
- Maintaining Quality of Life while Balancing Professional Demands
- Setting your own Pace to Success
- Setting Goals for Students and Faculty
- Critical Elements to Goal Setting
- Developing Active Learning Goals for Students
- My Professional Development Needs
- Challenges to Achievement and How to Overcome Them
The committee is seeking 60-minute sessions that demonstrate innovative, interdisciplinary and unconventional efforts that faculty, staff, and students can engage in to advance the theme of the Institute as well as teaching and learning. The focus should address successful strategies that can impact on achievement and goals for students and faculty.
We hope you will share your expertise.
Guidelines for Submission
- Please submit a title and a 150-word abstract of your session.
- Indicate how you will engage the audience. Some ideas include: discussion, questions, games and simulations; participant adaptation and development of classroom activities similar to yours; break-out groups for activities or discussion; and incorporating multimedia.
- Indicate media requirements and/or other needs for your presentation.
- Provide the names, titles and schools of each presenter along with telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and other contact information, including students who may be presenting.
- Please let us know if you would like to be a track chair/facilitator, responsible for introducing participants and keeping time.
Feedback from faculty, administrators, and staff regarding previous Faculty Institutes and the accomplished presentations by Pace colleagues has been tremendous. Attendance averages well over 130 of your colleagues!
**The deadline to submit is April 3, 2017**