Call for Sessions
The conference planning committee invites and encourages your participation in this year’s Institute. The committee seeks sessions that demonstrate innovative, interdisciplinary and unconventional efforts that faculty, staff, and students can engage in to advance teaching and learning. Pedagogies where students are active learners are encouraged. The committee actively seeks successful strategies that have improved the academic discourse and student outcomes. Finally, if you developed online or blended materials/courses/programs, a learning community, or other interdisciplinary collaborative programs within or across Pace’s schools and colleges, we hope you will share your expertise.
Guidelines for Submission
- Please submit a title and a 150-word abstract of your session. Please limit the time of your session to 45 minutes.
- Please indicate in bullet form how you intend to engage the audience. Some ideas include: discussion, questions, games and simulations; participant adaptation and development of classroom activities similar to yours; break-out groups for activities or discussion; and incorporating multimedia.
- Please indicate media requirements and/or other needs for your presentation.
- Please provide the names, titles and schools of each presenter along with telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and other contact information, including students who may be presenting.
- Please let us know if you would like to be a track chair/facilitator, responsible for introducing participants and keeping time.
Feedback from faculty, administrators and staff regarding previous Faculty Institutes and the accomplished presentations by Pace colleagues has been tremendous. Attendance averages well over 130 of your colleagues! As in past years we are encouraging active participation among the session attendees. Please indicate how you intend to engage your audience.
**The deadline to submit was April 21st**