Vendor Payment

There are six ways of initiating a payment:

1) Travel and Expense (T&E) Reimbursement Form – This form is used to reimburse staff, faculty and students for travel and related expenses.

2) Special Payment Request Form – This form is to be used when a purchase order can’t be used. The form should be used for the following items:

  • Annuities/Royalties
  • Awards (Employee/Student)
  • Benefits (Employee/Death)
  • Petty Cash/Book Allowance
  • Membership/Subscriptions
  • Entrance Fees
  • Legal Expenses
  • Postage/Mail Expenses
  • Library Expenses
  • Program Refunds/Expenses
  • Student Reimbursements
  • Insurance Expenses
  • Temporary Employee Agencies
  • Taxes, Licenses and Permits
  • Payroll Department Use
  • Rent/Utilities/Leases
  • College Fairs/Recruitment Expense








All other items should be encumbered through purchase orders.
3) Purchase Orders - initiator must first encumber funds via a purchase order. The invoice should be sent from the vendor to A/P, not to the initiating department. A/P will associate the purchase order with the incoming invoice, and then will distribute the payment.

However, invoices of $50,000 or greater need to be signed off as being received and approved to be paid by the requistioner. For invoices sent directly to the Accounts Payable department an email with a scanned copy of the invoice will be sent to the requistioner for approval. For invoices sent directly to the requistioner’s department, please send the invoice to the Accounts Payable department as soon as possible with the appropriate sign-off. Invoices will not be paid until the approval sign-off is received.

4) P-Card – The Purchasing Card Program is designed as an alternative to a variety of processes including petty cash, check requests and low dollar purchase orders, and is not intended to avoid or bypass appropriate procurement of payment procedures.   The card is a  UsBank credit card that is issued by the Purchasing Department.
5) Petty Cash Voucher – This form is to be used for students, faculty and staff to receive immediate cash reimbursement for appropriate out-of-pocket expenses totaling less than $100 per day.
6) Independent Contractor Form – This form is to be utilized for payment of services provided by non-Pace employees only. Honorariums are one example. All independent contractors (and consultants, speaker artists, etc) must be approved by Legal Counsel.


Policies & Procedures button   Please review our Policies and Procedures for additional information.
Finance Forms button Please review our Forms for additional information. 
For more information as to which form to use, please see the Commodity Matrix on the Purchasing website.