The focus of the department is to:
- Establish new index numbers for temporarily restricted government and private grants and contracts.
- Provide stewardship by ensuring grant expenditures are in compliance with terms and conditions of award.
- Prepare and issue financial reports to funding agencies.
- Participate in university’s quarterly and annual financial reporting, especially the OMB A-133 Audit on Federal Expenditures.
- Enhance compliance and accountability through training on government and private grants and contracts.
- Ensure adherence to all related University policies and procedures.
- Provide quality customer service to our customers and the University community and field all related inquiries.
- Consistently review and improve our processes using the latest technology.
- Assist Principal Investigators/Project Directors, Budget Representatives with questions on grant policy/procedure or grant expenditures.
- Liaison between funding agency and the university on post-award questions pertaining to policy or financial reporting.
- Provide training on grant administration for newly hired administrative personnel or for faculty awarded a first grant.
(click to begin tutorial)
|The Grant Training module providing an overview of federal grant policies. The training will take approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour. Computer speakers should be turned on because this training is narrated.|
The Grants Management Department of Financial Services is located in Tead House on the Briarcliff Campus.
|Diane Bynum||Director, Grant Reporting and Compliance||Ext: 22282||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Lurline Stewart||Manager, Grants Reporting and Compliance||Ext: 22852||Email: email@example.com|
|Grace Somoza||Sr. Staff Accountant||Ext: 22706||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rudina Brecani||Staff Accountant||Ext: 22661||Email: email@example.com|
|Bharat Mehta||Staff Accountant||Ext: 22651||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Please review our Policies and Procedures for additional information.|
|Please review our Forms for additional information.|