The focus of the department is to provide cash management services for the $300 million of annual cash inflows and outflows of the university. In addition, this group manages the university’s $120 million of long term debt and $58 million draw down note facility. The primary responsibilities of this group are:
- maintain the accuracy and integrity of the university’s cash accounts which include accounts for credit cards, payroll, student refunds, accounts payable, and healthcare benefits.
- manage university’s bank accounts and services with JPMorgan Chase and Wachovia including the investment of excess operating cash.
- prepare cash flow projections for management, trustees, lenders, and rating agencies.
- oversee the university’s debt including management of the draw down facility, preparation of financial covenant calculations and other compliance schedules, and managing relationships with DASNY, MBIA, and Merrill Lynch.
- balance the accounts for New York State TAP Grants.
- prepare journal entries to record cash flows within the universities cash accounts
- reconcile cash accounts monthly
- prepare and release wire transfers
- disbursement of petty cash funds to OSA offices
- management of student refunds
|Please review our Policies and Procedures for additional information.|
|Please review our Forms for additional information.|
The Cash Management Department is in Tead House on the Briarcliff Campus.
|Tom Brady||Treasurer||Ext: 22854||Email: email@example.com|
|Susan Weygant||Bursar||Ext: 22397||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|JoAnne Costanza||Sr. Staff Accountant/Cash Mgr||Ext: 22857||Email: email@example.com|
|Kathy Chan||Staff Accountant||Ext: 22851||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|