Risk Management and Insurance
The focus of the department is to:
- Identify and assess risks inherent in the University’s current and contemplated operations and activities, and help develop operating procedures that will minimize the University’s vulnerability to obstacles to achieving University, School and Department goals.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive program of property and casualty insurance that adequately protects the University from the financial consequences of loss and that also facilitates and enhances the University’s ability to engage in activities consistent with its Mission and Goals.
- Help assure that the University is prepared to respond quickly and appropriately to any major emergency and continue its mission critical operations.
- Help develop contract policies and procedures consistent with good business practice that at the same time facilitate operating departments’ ability to conduct business efficiently.
- Act as a resource to all Schools and Departments.
- Review of indemnification and insurance provisions of contracts.
- Provision of certificates of insurance required from the University.
- Risk assessment of departments’ new or changing activities.
|Rick Myers||University Director||Ext. email@example.com|
|Gail Weldon||Administrative Director||Ext. firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Please review our Policies and Procedures for additional information.|
|Please review our Forms for additional information.|