|CONTACT:||Security WP (Ext: 4111)|
|Security NYC (Ext: 1800)|
|Security PLV (Ext: 3400) BR (Ext: 2700)|
PLV / BR
WP / LAW
|Office of the President||Ext: 1097||Ext: 1097||Ext: 1097|
|Provost||Ext: 1956||Ext: 1956||Ext: 1956|
|Exec VP for Finance and Administration||Ext: 2720||Ext: 1227||Ext: 1227|
|VP for Enrollment Management||Ext: 1302||Ext: 1302||Ext: 1302|
|VP for University Relations||Ext: 1396||Ext: 1396||Ext: 1396|
|VP for Human Resources||Ext: 1310||Ext: 1310||Ext: 1310|
|VP of Information Technology||Ext: 2658||Ext: 2658||Ext: 2658|
|Director of Media Relations||Ext: 1117||Ext: 1117||Ext: 1117|
|Dean for Students||Ext: 3860||Ext: 4146||Ext: 1306|
|University Director Health Care Unit||Ext: 3760||Ext: 3760||Ext: 1600|
|Counseling Center||Ext: 3710||Ext: 3710||Ext: 1526|
|Director of Buildings and Grounds||Ext: 2725||Ext: 4088||Ext: 1521|
|University Director of Security||Ext: 3700||Ext: 3700||Ext: 3700|
|Asst. Director of Security PNY||Ext: 1800||Ext: 1800||Ext: 1800|
In the event of an accident, illness, or act of violence resulting in the unexpected death of a member of the Pace community (student, faculty and/or staff) the designated University Administration, once contacted will begin the notification process. The Director of Security, Dean for the Law School and the Director of the Counseling working collaboratively, will activate the Catastrophic Emergency and Postvention protocol.
Note: Acts of Violence include but are not limited to: suicide, homicide, sexual assault, accident leading to an accidental death, assault leading to a physical injury, act of terrorism (e.g. bombing, hostage situation), fire, natural disaster and bias incident.
Each department will develop and maintain a protocol to secure important documents and materials in an emergency situation.
- Scene management - Security will coordinate response.
- Informing and contacting family of the deceased/injured.
- All student related incidents, the VP for Enrollment Management and student life will designate the office to coordinate the appropriate response.
- All faculty/staff related incidents the VP for Human Resources will designate the office to coordinate the appropriate response.
- Providing support services and postvention to the Pace community within the first 24 hours after the incident, the Counseling and Personal Development Center will mobilize the Pace Trauma team for on-site postvention response. The Director of Counseling and Personal Development will have the responsibility of staffing, scheduling, and communicating information regarding the postvention program. Educational materials (presently in first draft) will be available for parents, support staff, etc. Follow up programs will be arranged, if they are deemed desirable or needed.
Training will be provided for administrators and the Trauma Response Team. Faculty and staff members will be identified and trained to respond in postvention to a catastrophic emergency. Initial training will be scheduled and annual updating sessions will be conducted.
Trauma Response Team to include representatives of the following offices:
Health Care Unit, Dean for Students, Human Resources, Security and other members as needed. Role of the team is yet to be determined.
- Providing information to the media and dissemination of information within the University: VP for University Relations will activate the "Crisis Communication Protocol".
- Within one month after the trauma, a "symbolic act" (e.g. candlelight vigil, memorial service) will be scheduled. Speakers at the memorial service should meet with the appropriate VP and Director of Counseling prior to the service.
- For student related incidents, the VP Enrollment management and Student Life will designate the office to coordinate the response.
- For faculty/staff incidents, the VP for Human Resources will designate the office to coordinate the response.
- Maintaining liaison with external police and agencies - Security will coordinate these activities.
- Coordinating University internal logistics regarding registration, billing, etc. for student related incidents, the VP Enrollment Management and student life will designate the office to coordinate the response.
- For faculty/staff related incidents, the VP for Human resources will designate the office to coordinate the response.
- The Director of Security, the Dean for theLaw School, and the Director of Counseling working collaboratively and in a timely manner will coordinate a crisis event evaluation meeting.